10w/30 oil

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by 2Turbododge, Jan 14, 2013.

1. 2Turbododge

2Turbododge Member

Has anyone have any problems using 10/30 raing oil with a boosted. Deal have always used 20/50 and thinkin about tring some thanks

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

That would probably require a lot tighter main and rod bearing clearances. If the clearances are tightened up in a blower motor then there is not enough oil cushion to prevent metal to metal contact. Not sure why you would want to use it.

3. 2Turbododge

2Turbododge Member

We are battling the same issue as everyone else trying to get oil back to the pan.we have a fairly small dry sump tank but really dont have the room for a bigger one.and wondering if a lighter weight oil would drain a little better. also had some problems with a stainless fiter element collapsing like the oil would make like a thick film on filter then oil couldnt get through the filter. Not sure of the cause of film wether it is fuel or a little water. I definitly need to pay more attention to condition of oil as before we would run it for the weekend and change it at home.i dont think clearence is a issue but have not used anything different than 20/50 vr1

4. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

I think that is not the way to fix the problem. I also think that with the lighter weight oil you will pump more faster and make it worse. What size oil restricted are you using? You need an 18 quart oil tank

5. 2Turbododge

2Turbododge Member

We have a .060 restrictor in back of block and have also restricted the lifters.our block has pushrod oiling.we also scavage oil from valley and two in the pan.when we went to pushrod oiling all these problems started. I wish i could go back!maybe i need to preheat oil? We never had to. most of our racing is in the south it seems to never get cold here anymore! Lol

6. Mark Leigh

Mark Leigh Member

Who's filter is it , how are you cleaning it , what size mesh is it ? How many gallons does your system hold ?