100 tall BLK vs STD

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by kwldchld, Jan 30, 2016.

1. kwldchld

kwldchld Member

Can any one tell what is the advantage to 100 tall over std deck hieght block? I would like for a detaile explanation if possible. Thanks.

2. KeithDyer

KeithDyer Member

3. Chris Demke

Chris Demke Super Comp

I think the best reason to use a tall deck block over a standard deck is to maintain a proper 'rod ratio' in the event that you significantly increase the stroke of your crankshaft.

Rod Ratio, or Rod Length / Stroke, is an important factor in determining the RPM range you expect your engine to run most efficiently. If you increase the stroke of your crankshaft it will be necessary to also increase the length of the piston rod to maintain the original Rod Ratio.

If you do this without making any other changes you will (at a minimum) increase your compression ratio and most likely create piston to head or valve interference. A solution may be to use a new piston with the pin located closer to the deck height, but this usually will not work as the pin will end up where the oil ring needs to be.

The best solution? Increase the deck height of the block by using a tall deck block.

I am sure that there is more to it, but I think that covers the basics.

http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/rod-tech-c.htm

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/1996/Does-Length-Matter.aspx

Chris

4. mike wharram

mike wharram New Member

Chris , don't mean to high jack this thread but I have a tire question for you . I run a low 6 o TD and I'm having some tire issues with my MT tires ! What Hoosier. Tire would you recommend ? Thanks

5. noiraude

noiraude Member

hi all!
    is there a manufacturer that makes an "off the shelf" hemi blower intake manifold for a deck height lower than the 10.72 standard?
    my KB block has a 9.8 deck height,currently running wedge heads,and i'm thinking about running hemi heads on it.

6. racer3031

racer3031 Member

18790 hoosier