'08 SFI-20 firesuts take-2

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Tommy, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Tommy

Tommy Super Comp

I didnt wright this a freind sent me a email and said its ok for me to copy and pasted it hear.

Latest info posted on a web site states certain comforting things about our beloved suits purchased in 2008.

Here's a wonderful fictional fairy tale for your enjoyment:

Once upon a time in Drag Racing Land there was a restaurant that served 80,000 members and guests. In the restaurant is the most trusted butcher, the chef who serves 24 meals a year all around the country and the bus boy who gives his stamp of approval (as if to say the food won't kill you) on everything the butcher prepares.

But all is not well in the land of rude noises and smelly fumes. To onlookers, it appears the 3 at the restaurant are somehow in bed together, each trying to hog all the covers for themselves to somehow cover their asses. Seems as though the buss boy has found out the butcher's meat is tainted. The report has gone back to the butcher who immediately circles the wagons and breaks out the mighty legal knife. As news of the tainted meat in the restaurant hits the streets the unsuspecting diners are looking for answers, but the silence is deafening.

Now it has been observed that while the butcher blatantly continues to peddle his tainted meat in the restaurant, the chef is being forced to keep quiet and actually hide the hideous flavor of the meat with a lot of sugar and spice to cover the rotten taste because he has already been threatened by the mighty legal knife...all this while the bus boy is busy hiding in the kitchen when he should have been looking over their shoulders to protect the innocent diner with his apparently meaningless stamp of approval. But alas, the buss boy has also been threatened by the mighty knife wheeled by the butcher. So the buss boy moves forward, doing whatever his job is supposed to be, but actually doing nothing.

In an unbelievable turn of events, while the diners cry foul, the butcher with no oversight is allowed to examine all the tainted meat himself only to declare it "Tasty and delicious" on the internet. Then he is allowed to continue to serve it at the restaurant while unsuspecting trusting diners continue to place their food orders.

But there is still news to come in Drag Racing Land. It has yet to be revealed that a group of curious diners secretly had the meat they were served at mealtime checked for themselves after raising concerns of it's light texture, supple tenderness, light taste and confort-ing aroma compared to the competing meat suppliers who's meat tastes heavier, more cumbersom and delivering a stronger flavor.

Through the buss boy's examination, these diners confirmed their suspicions. They found out the butcher's meat lacks total weight, thickness, durability, and the ability to take on up to 50% of the heat blasted the oven. After finding all this out, the buss boy has yet to get off his ass and really do something to inform the diners because he fears the mighty knife more than he fears the risk of not doing his job.

What is the most amazing thing to the group of onlookers is that the butcher claims that all the meat HE has inspected meets the strict USDA seal of approval and none of it was bad, yet every piece of meat tested by the diners was so bad that the meat with the -20 or -15 branding could not even be eaten safely by a diner who was "comp'd" or CIC'd. In other words, the diners were shocked to find out the meat they were served was not even suitable for the lower classes among them, let alone the classes they placed themselves in.

Previously, no one actually knew until now it was the buss boy who had a major dislike for the shoddy slippers the butcher had earlier supplied to the diners. Because the Mayor of the Land of Wally Hisself wouldn't let them fly after getting the word from the buss boy the butcher had no choice but to issue the new golden slippers that were handed out at the big dinner-dance in November. Seems as though the Mayor of Wally Hisself said poo poo was found on the bottom of the original ones and they didn't want them to stink up the dance floor.

The new replacement golden slippers were said to be of the finest materials and workmanship, capable of pleasing the fussiest buss boy. And they even dawned a new spiffy label.

However, the new golden slippers were also given a look see by the big bad buss boy after the dance in November to verify his stamp of approval. He turned his noise up in the air in disgust after examining them, clicked his heels twice and made a wish to go back to the Land of Collecting Money For Tags and Chicks For Free, where he hides to this day.

The sad part is, the chef and the restaurant owner know about the bad news regarding the replacement slippers handed out at the big dinner-dance in the land of Wally Hisself but have yet to tell the diners who are now wearing them that when the clock strikes midnight their brand spanking new replacement golden slippers will likely turn in to smelly old gym socks just like the one's before them.

Through comforting messages plastered on the internet you may think the butcher is your friend, but so is the mortician if you are a smoker.

And somehow they lived happily ever after (insert music here).

:D

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  2. Bill Sweeney

Bill Sweeney Jr. Dragster

Tommy, both you and the author of this piece are complete idiots if you honestly believe that Bill Simpson would knowingly put his friends/customers in harms way. No chance.

3. clint thompson

what?

How could he not know? if anyone else could go have thier "meat" tested and there were questions arising, How could they not know.

I wouldn't wear anything from impact if they gave it to me.

4. East Coast Guy

East Coast Guy New Member

i agree with clint, how could he not know? :confused:

5. Bill Sweeney

You guys honestly believe that Simpson would knowingly, and "knowingly" being the key word here, let stuff go out the door that isn't 100%? Really?

Now their quality control may have been all f'ed up and someone within the manufacturing process may need to be fired or hung, but I just can't fathom the notion that Bill said, "Yeah, send it, screw 'em. Let 'em burn."

And I've never used or purchased anything from Impact. Simpson, yes. But my -20 suit is a DJ and my boots are from Taylor. Both long time friends that I trust very much.

6. ITS IN MY BLOOD

I could stick my head up a bulls ass and get a good a look at the meat

,...But id rather just take the word of the butcher,.....at WHOS expense ??

Go Team

7. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

Bill Sweeney talks about Bill Simpson not being willing to sell crappy stuff to the racers. Whether or not he is williing, it is a fact that he is. Bill spoke about trusting Dennis Taylor and Joe at DJs. I know both of them and would gladly trust their gear but I don't know Bill Simpson. How do I know he wouldn't sell us junk safety gear? I know who I trust and he isn't one of those because the only fact I know is that the Impact gear was judged by the NHRA tech guys to be substandard. Is he in charge of his company or isn't he?
    No offense to Bill Sweeney but the facts are the facts. Dave Germain

8. Bill Sweeney

Well, you're right Dave. I too don't know Bill Simpson personally. I was going off of his history as a safety pioneer, but maybe his current company is putting out substandard product with his approval. I really don't know, and likely never will.

But if he is, and it can be proven that he is, then he should be criminally charged even if no injuries can be attached to this recent batch of unsafe products. Seriously, he could be found criminally negligent.

Maybe the true test would be for him to take an off the shelf suit, or one sent in for recert at random, and with no additional preparation, perform the stunt shown in this link...

[​IMG]

Now some of you are making me wonder if he'd actually do it, and survive.

9. Tommy

Tommy Super Comp

bill s. your talking about stuff that you dont know anything about. just remember the fary tale said the truth is coming out b/cs it looks like everyone is covering there asses and thats why the racers are doing it now themselfs because the buss boy and the chef isn't doing it. dose it sound like the people who bougt suits and had check'd them out we're upset about what they found.I think so. they would not just take there $1000 suit and ruin it in tests just because they have nothing better to do. those racers look like they are waching out for all the other racers since we see no one else will. Look who depends on these suts to save there lives. it could be me or you, or our brother or sister or father or mother or neece or nefew or cousin or neibor or friends or family because racers are family and racers have to look out for each other. if all the suits tested were good you woudnt be hering any thing about this b/cs everythin would be fine but now you are so what dose that mean to you.if it a true story of covering asses i hope the max penalty is happening because lives are at steak and no one cares I think.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009