M5 methanol

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by jody stroud, Jun 2, 2008.

1. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

Has anyone run M5 with a blower motor yet, and if so what did you think?

2. Lonnie Houde

Lonnie Houde Member

Yes. In a couple of outlaw pro mod cars. I dont like it. VP puts so much top lube in it, that it actually wets the pipes with oil. Plus you can't read the plugs worth a damn.

3. jody stroud

Lonnie, you are my wedge head hero!! I saw on pro-filer's website where you tuned a wedge motor pro mod to a 5.90 run, incredible! I run a chevy with big dukes, best run of 6.17 in the 1/4 mile. Would love to talk sometime. Did you see any performance with the M5? Jody Stroud

4. B.DOUCET

B.DOUCET New Member

What Lonnie said, plus it seems to have more fuel flow and pressure at idle. Even after closing the blades some I still couldn't turn the fuel flow down enough for the engine to idle good. I didn't spend much time on it but I think after this drum I'll go back to the M1.

5. jody stroud

BDOUCET, I thought I was the only one twisted enough to be on line this late. However, did you guy's pick up any with the M5? Thanks, Jody Stroud

6. B.DOUCET

B.DOUCET New Member

I had another problem when we tried the M5, so I'm not sure about the power difference. We did run better 60' numbers, but we were at a good track. I'll have more info after the Southern Outlaw race in Montgomery. And yea, I'm always up late.

7. Lonnie Houde

Lonnie Houde Member

Jody,
    You can call anytime. I would be happy to help out in any way possible.

My number is 508-776-4898

As Bill mentioned, your fuel pressure and flow will automaticly go up, do to the higher specific gravity of the M5 fuel. It goes up because of the additives and top lube in it. The M5 does make about 3mph of power more, from what i've experienced.