New build BBC

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by sean70ss, Nov 9, 2021.

1. sean70ss

sean70ss Member

Alright new build here not 3500hp deal but a street/strip BBC blower motor. Want to run e-85 few things I have.

Brodix 365 heads 2.35 int
    merlin block
    4" stroke crank make a 522
    no piston or rods
    compression? 10.1?
    No yet blower thinking 8-71-10-71 carbs or EFI

Never done one like this figured the best place is here to get some solid input!

2. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

I would feel in the med the efi would be so much better. But getting it sorted might pull your hair out. Carbs would be the simplest and easiest to tune around budget wise.

3. TOL

TOL Active Member

Not quite sure what your exact goals are for your project, BUT, if want to street it a bit then definitely EFI. The technology out there today is so flexible. Hire a guy/firm/company to set it up for you.

One word of caution. If you do plan to run E-85 then make sure your entire (repeat ENTIRE) fuel system is E-85 compatible.

4. Andy C

Andy C Member

I don’t know what you are trying to accomplish, but…
    If you are going to drive on street do few burnouts and have fun –

Carbs is the easiest and cheapest with 93.+ octane gasoline (won’t run out of fuel on a cruise) around 8.5 - 9 to 1, no strips in blower.

5. sean70ss

sean70ss Member

Andy, It is for my 55 gasser. Any idea on how big of blower to use? I found a deal on a nice 8-71 with carbs. Street/Strip deal so easy to want to go crazy but no reason to. TY Sean

6. MaggiFinn

MaggiFinn New Member

If you have options, I'd always go with the bigger blower.
    The response is the same, the boost can be the same, but with less blower rpm and less heat.