Force Infomercial

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by nitrohawk, Feb 13, 2007.

1. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

I don't know if I was the only one who noticed but the whole race coverage at Pomona seemed like a JFR infomercial. I like John and it was not his fault but thought ESPN in an effort to showcase Ashley and John went a little overboard. They missed a lot of the other good things going on. Whats your openion?

2. Witchdoctor 1967 Chevelle

Hey, I agree completely. I like them too but they needed to show other racers as well. What about Bazemore making the switch-didn't even see much on that. How about more on Bernstein Sr?

Does Paul Page miss just about everything? He talked about a run but didnt see them cross the center line or wheels coming off! Thank Goodness for Mike Dunn.

3. underby6

underby6 Active Member

My personal favorite was when Robert set the new record and Page just kept talking like....ok he got the win light blah blah. You could almost hear Mike Dunn saying shut the hell up and let me explain what really just happened. Oh well....tv coverage with a sub-par announcer is better than no tv coverage.

Brandon

4. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

JFR infomercial? Must have missed that, darn (hehe)... Of course they are showcasing them and some people will be left out... It sucks that the return of Bernstein didn't get a lot of coverage, but then again he didn't qualify... Remember, this is all edited before it hits us on the tube... Im sure had he qualified it would have been a bigger deal... As for Bazemore switching, ya its news, bit its not as big as the other two... John is already THE face of drag racing, but Ashley is an AMAZING new look at what drag racing can be... the show is attracting a lot of people to watch NHRA, and Im sure they want to keep those people on ESPN2... This is just a marketing angle that is new to drag racing, and it will die down... After this past weekend I doubt it will be ALL about them... Besides, we get the alcohol ranks in there own time slot (which I believe is this weekend), and we won't have to see a Force father-daughter deal...

CJ Curtsinger

5. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

I'm not complaning so much about the coverage. I just thought it amusing.
    ESPN2 calls the shots. Guess they can show what they want. From a rcers viewpoint I kind of got tired of the hoopla afer about two hrs. though.
    Paul was amusing as well. It would be a muchbetter show it Dunn did it all.

6. eli

eli Banned

Ya got to give it to John, He's the best seine stealer going. Looked like Ashely was annoyed, Could be there taking a page from Orange County Choppers. Got to give it to them, They put the viwer in front of the TV. Now John take your meds and leave the kid alone.;)

7. Blown Chances

Blown Chances New Member

AF was spending alot of time alone sitting on a parked scooter in the lanes "hiding" as she called it.

8. sportsman fan

sportsman fan New Member

Pomona Race

I'm glad ESPN did some coverage on the Force camp. I realy felt sorry for Ahsley when she was in the penalty box as (Warren Johnson) would call it doing the interview with that lame duck Paul Page. Thank god Mike Dunn was there to correct that jack ass. Page needs to be on canada's TSN let them have the reject. Bring back Marty or put Bob Frey in the booth with Mike and we will have real broadcast team.

9. mark6052

mark6052 Member

force coverage

Think thats alot of coverage? how much news time have they given anna nichole smith? A drugged bimbo babe. Sex sells. Besides I dont think I could handle two hrs of mr personality, whit bazemore. J.R. Todd could get some more, good runs. Fuel funny should be good this year with all the different people coming in or back.

10. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

quite a bit off topic, but the reason (or at least I feel) that Anna recently got so much coverage was the amount of news that surrounded her in such a short period of time, then her suddenly dying on top of it all...

As for Paul Page, I never noticed how annoying he is until you guys pointed it out... thanks guys, now I can't watch NHRA without yelling at the TV -.-, hehe.

CJ Curtsinger

11. lynnengels

lynnengels New Member

enough about the forces

ive always liked force and i think ashely did a good job of driving for her first time with all the attention but enough about them, youd think they were the second coming of christ or something the way all the coverage was of them for the first 2 hours, there not the only people that make up a race, all the other racers who beat them such as cruz deserve air time for there sponsors , and it sure looked phony to me but how force had enough time to get back to the starting line before ashley ran. could have been clean up time but looked like special treatment. enough rambling just hope phoenix isnt the same force show unless they end up in final together then maybe all the attention would be justified.

12. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Kind of looked like a lets market Ashley show. That was why I made the remark about a Force infomercial. It even effected the other JFR drivers as they got almost no coverage the first couple of hours. The only time you heard of Medeline and Height was when the wonnnnn rounds.

13. bryanbrown

bryanbrown Member

My dad thinks they should go ahead and rename it the JFRA

14. HEMIdude

HEMIdude New Member

What about Bob?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007