best flexplate for blown bbc

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by blowntorana, Mar 29, 2010.

1. blowntorana

blowntorana New Member

hi guys,
    any opinions on best flexplate for bbc around 1800 to 2000hp,have a b and m flexplate,tearing it up.
    heard good things about the wheel and reactor plates?
    any advice and where to source one from greatly appreciated.
    thanks brian

2. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

flex plate

Mezerie it's a little pricey, but you only get what you pay for. Billet one piece is what I run on my Hemi. It's a real piece of art. Don

3. G. HOWLAND

G. HOWLAND Member

Flex Plate

Without a doubt the Meziere worked for us before switching to clutch. Nothing else worked. I even tried the "Wheel" and it did not hold up. I went and dug it up and it still has one year left on it. Make me an offer. Phone 509-679-8999 or e-mail greg@zeusracing.com. Once you use this you will never have another.

4. blowntorana

blowntorana New Member

flexplate

greg,
    thanks for the info,i will buy a new one.the price of a new one is worth it,i like my legs/ankles the way they are(its in a funny car)
    thanks brian

5. lowcountry71

lowcountry71 New Member

i've had them all - by far the meziere is the best. they also have excellent customer service after the sale. just remember you will get what you pay for - it is well worth the little extra $$$ for the billet plate. andy burnet

6. AeroPC

AeroPC New Member

Harden up Brian lol Put the clutch in.
    PC

7. crdafoe

crdafoe Member

Anyone know if Meziere will SFI revert their flexplate? Or is it a $700 piece of billet that has to be thrown away after 5 yrs?

I emailed Reid (Dedenbear) about their billet plexplate ($400), and they said that SFI won't let them recert them, so after 5 yrs it's junk.

8. lowcountry71

lowcountry71 New Member

i can tell you reactor will not nor will csr. i have had a meziere recertified in the past (it had no modifications - was hard to tell from new) - this was over 3 years ago. its hard to believe that the folks who make plates who have bolt on removable ring gears will not re sfi but in both cases they are aluminum plates - not billet steel like a meziere. i have heard several horror stories on reactor plates - my experience with them was everything from they will re sfi it for the same price as a new plate to i sent it to them (under warrantee)and never got it back. the csr folks just flat out told me they do not re sfi plates. i ended up going with meziere for 2 reasons - their customer service was outstanding and their prices are very competitive (try pricing a csr 24v starter, plate and a $600.00 electrical box and see how much more it is than meziere). the reactor people didn't offer a 24v starter. andy b.

9. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

flex plate

Please call Mezerine. I am a customer like I stated They are great people, and help you not give you a Bull Shit story then after they get your money stick it up your a a#s. Can't say it any plainer. Don

10. backmotor

backmotor Owner/Crewchief/Test Pilot

I got hosed on a JW 'the Wheel' the ring gear flew apart on the warm-up stand, it had ZERO runs on it, first words out of their mouth when I called "NO WARRANTY" $285 dollar paper weight, and a lesson learned :rolleyes:

11. mikentracy718fc

mikentracy718fc New Member

Yea stay away from Reactor. They burned me on a flywheel once. I have always ran Mondello but was in a pinch once and ended up buying 2 anyway. I should have just waited for my mondello. We use a Meziere in the blown alky altered that I drive and its a keeper. Great people to deal with to