Your own web page

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by eli, Mar 9, 2007.

1. eli

eli Banned

2. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

This is really awesome Eli. Thanks for posting it.

Nancy

3. FINMAN

FINMAN Jr. Dragster

The best way is to Buy the minimum space you need when you start out. I use Godaddy.com for my website and also registered my domain name thru them. I purchased MS Front Page web design program and just kept practicing and with help of a few friends, I got it right, even added music to most pages.
    I like this hosting site as there are no pop ups or ad banners at all, unlike the free servers.

4. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

And we use www.PowWeb.com same service type as Go Daddy with domain registration etc.............

5. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

http://bignosebird.com/ is another useful site with free scripts to use on your site. Ive used Host Rocket to host my site for many years now. Most web servers will give you substantial discounts when you pre pay two years or so in advance. I use WSFTP to upload files and Cutehtml to edit them. For wysiwyg I use Microsoft front page which apparently was discontinued late 2006.

6. Hokes Racing

Hokes Racing Moderator

I have found cheap and pretty good web hosting on Ebay for the price of some of the packages it really is good. The last I got was 30 a year and so far it has been really good with 99% of up time.
    all my websites are hosted from hosting bought off ebay

You can download PHPNUKE and install it free it makes adding news or anything pretty easy

Lanny

7. Scotty Mac

Scotty Mac TAFC

Adobe makes some great programs for web building and design. Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop are some of the programs that once you master them, the sky's the limit on what you can do.
    Too bad Microsoft discontinued Front Page. It was an easy program to learn, a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) program. Here's a link to a site that I built using Front Page, Adobe Flash and Adobe Photoshop. www.tristatecarclubs.com.