Your Experiences

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by SoDak, Apr 8, 2008.

1. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

What are you guys paying/charging for engine rebuilds?

For instance, to check out the engine for worn out parts etc. Is it per hour or per job?

Also to setup fuel systems? according to the internet it looks like from $350-$1200?

:D

2. Wayne Butler

Wayne Butler Member

What type of engine?
    The fuel system, is this for a basic super charged set up? How detailed do you need?

3. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

Engine Type = Blown Alky

I don't need a lot of detail.

Do they charge a flat rate or by the hour?

I'm only looking for the labor charge.

4. WJ Birmingham

WJ Birmingham New Member

5. Alkydrag

Alkydrag Sr. Dragster

Wouldn't it be easier and more accurate to call an engine builder? Your going to find all kinds of prices.

6. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

building your motors is some thing you need to learn are some times pay throw the nose for some one to do it if you have to pay for it ask questions as you go to learn as for fuel systems it is money well spent to pay some one who knows good money how to set one up and flow your whole system to your application that will get you close enough to run still its only close to fine tune it you will have to learn how to lean are richen your motor depending on the application a happy motor will not hurt parts a pissed off motor will at times eat some parts and if you dont have a good fuel system guy you will throw money away tring to get it to run right and probley tear up a bunch of shit been there done that i dont even ask a price for that any more

good luck there is a lot of good guys on here that can lead in the right dirrection and who to go to

7. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

Hmmmm...

I build my own motors, I built my own fuelbench so I setup my fuelsystems and help others with theirs.
    I would love to help everyone, and for free. But with 55 hrs of the week gone to my real job, that doesn't workout.
    I am not looking for business, I'm simply giving in to years of pressure to work on other peoples stuff and I don't know what to charge. I've never paid someone else and it doesn't feel right to call engine builders and ask, althougth I did call one.

8. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

i am sorry i miss understood i have paid as much as 2000.00 for a fuel system for alky funny car and i have had good one give to me as for as the motors i have had things checked out and been charged so much per hour if that helps agian sorry for not understanding what you ment