YNOT Racing Englishtown Wrap Up

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by nitrophoto, Jun 26, 2007.

1. nitrophoto

nitrophoto New Member

YNOT Racing Top Alcohol Dragster Scores 2nd National Event Win of 2007

“I think I’m gonna have perma-grin for a while!”
    That was the reaction of Jim Whiteley following his first win at Topeka and It’s hard to imagine how long that smile will last now that he has a second “Wally” under his belt.

Whiteley took home his second straight national victory at the Pro Care RX Supernationals held Sunday at the historic Old Bridgetown Raceway Park, in Englishtown, New Jersey.

Following some troubles in the first two qualifying sessions on Friday, Crew Chief Norm Grimes burned the midnight oil, pouring over data in order to nail down the problem and correct it.

That’s exactly what he did. From that point on “Great White” ran five laps all between 5.34 (career best) and 5.39, with an average speed of 266.67 miles per hour. The 5.34-second ride came on the last qualifying run on Saturday, which, at the time, was the quickest TAD run ever at Raceway Park. He complimented that mark by defeating Richard Bourke in the first round on Saturday evening.

Second Round of eliminations on Sunday began with Whiteley, Norm Grimes and Team YNOT faced off against a tough Northeastern player in Rich McPhillips. After a unique staging duel, which had both drivers deep staging, Whiteley left first and was never headed, his 5.39 at a very consistent 266.90 mile per hour run beating Mc Phillips who smoked the tires right on the starting line and coasted through. Whiteley apologized to McPhillips in the shut down area and explained “I just got confused for a second, got out of my normal routine,” he said. “Then, when I tried to stage, I jumped in deep. That wasn’t my intension to mess him up or anything and I wanted to tell him I was sorry for not doing my normal deal.”

In the semi-final rounds Whiteley, who had secured lane choice, faced off with Utah’s Aaron Olivarez. The two cars left together and Whiteley charged to an impressive 5.37 with another 266 mile per hour charge to cover Olivarez’s 5.51.

Long time east-coast master photographer and sentimental favorite Dave de Angelis was Whiteley’s opponent in the final. DeAngelis, competing in his first ever national event final, left first but it was the only time he would be in front with Whiteley using his Grimes horsepower to get around DeAngelis for a convincing 5.35 to 5.69 victory. The mark resulted in Whiteley’s second win in as many national events.
    “The entire team gets the credit for this one, too. They all busted their butts for this win, and I couldn’t be more proud of any group of people. They are the best,” said an elated Whiteley in the winners circle. The win moves him up to No. 6 in the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series National Points Chase.

The race will be televised on ESPN 2 on July 1st at 12:30 PM ET (10:30 AM Mountain)

Team YNOT will be back on the national event trail at the Schuck’s Auto Supply NHRA Nationals in Seattle, Washington, July 20th-22nd.

Team YNOT would like to thank Permatex, Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company, Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil, Valspar/House of Kolor, J&A Service, Raptor Industries, Advanced Oil Field Services and Impact Race Products for their continued Support

Brian Losness (208) 870-3022
    Main Office (208) 376-1767

Team Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQgmrIIfAzw