Xtreme Race Cars, Paterson, New Jersey

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by thjts, May 16, 2008.

1. thjts

thjts New Member

Does anyone know of this company and their reputation?
    I ordered a FC steering box from them in September, and when I contacted Carl Stevens Jr he gave me a story about the company who makes the steering box. Now he won't talk to me. I've been polite and patient, but now I think I've been too patient.
    Can anyone help?
    Thank you,
    Paul.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  2. fastavenger 588

fastavenger 588 New Member

i have not heard good things about them and i live in maryland they are not that far away i have heard of something like this happing before and it did not turn out so good:(

3. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

I can tell you FC Steering boxes have become almost impossible to get! But, if they took your $$ and you can't get it back, thats a different story!?

4. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

After the passing of Ken Cox of SPE, there were many problems of manufacturing that were unfortunately in his head. All have now been resolved and product is being shipped. I have not checked, but have heard there was a substantial price increase due to onavoidable outsourcing.

Bob

5. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

Yes you are correct on the price increase. Similar to the price to diesel! (OUCH) The cost of steel is going through the same thing right now, changing by the week, We are seeing $3.00/cwt EVERY week, its killing me:mad:

6. thjts

thjts New Member

Are SPE the only manufacturers of FC steering boxes? I know Strange do them, and a couple of others as well, are they all SPE? Maybe there's a business opportunity here...

7. shawn davis

shawn davis Member

Xtreme

I Bought Some Stuff From Them, Never Had A Problem

8. WJ Birmingham

WJ Birmingham New Member

I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about the racks in a FC or Dragster chassis... But...

http://www.flamingriver.com/index.c...ategory_ID=184/home_id=63/mode=cat/cat184.htm

Flaming River will make custom racks. Maybe they could do something for you guys?

9. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Strange sells the SPE, does not make them. (gave it a shot in the "70's and the heat treater ruined everything, so they pulled the plug).
    P&S aka TAK Machine, Downey, Ca. may still make the cast housing box, but I have not kept up on their stuff.
    Bob

10. thjts

thjts New Member

Had a look, but nothing suitable :( Thank you.

Finally managed to talk to Carl again. Claims the steering box is on back order with Strange. Rang JC at Strange, no sign of any back order. Managed to get Carl to call JC, but couldn't call JC myself to confirm it, yet. The saga continues...