WOW, Still No Word from the IHRA...

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by konrodz, Oct 29, 2008.

1. konrodz

konrodz Member

I am wondering how much longer before we know whats going to happen for next year. The Jeg.s Pro Mod guys just found out there shedule for next year, so that means they will be out there as of tomorrow knocking on sponsor's door. There wont be much left for the guys waiting for the IHRA to post something. I hear that change is good, and from what I hear Mr. Feld make's thing's work, I hope he makes things work for us real soon.

2. Tom L

Tom L New Member

They Dont care if you have a sponsor! They are broke themselves! I remember in 2006 at MIR there were rumors of them saying i wish we only had to deal with 8 car Pro mod fields and such. Well maybe they got there wish!They told the alky funny guys in the 3rd week of january 2007 there would be no class without a sponsor by months end! Doing the best they can?!

Tom

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

back in '06, the ihra afc racers found out a few weeks before san antonio.

4. nitrohemi

nitrohemi injected nitro!!

Why do you want to race for a sactioning body that treats you like a red headed step child ? Why not get a screw blower & then you will know your schedule for 09. just asking dont take it personal

5. konrodz

konrodz Member

I hear you and I am thinking of a screw blower to possibly try the change. I just can't understand why its taking so long. They said they would let us know at RockingHam.

6. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

Maybe at the Banquet in a couiple of weeks?? Have you called the Main Office Spiro?? I'm not a gambler, yet I feel like I'm rollin the dice every Winter, buying parts, dynoing motors, etc.......:confused:

7. KMS

KMS New Member

praise Knoll

I have to praise Evan Knoll for bringing back the Nitro F/C class for the last 3 years. If not for him and his group, we would not have had a points fund and a race schedule. I dont know what happened to him, but something went wrong. They supported a lot of classes in IHRA and I guess IHRA is waiting for something to fall in their lap again? I have not heard or seen anything about IHRA trying to do anything for 09' Why be so hush hush? Get the word out, let people know IHRA exists! I know their money is tight, but they need to hire a marketing and or advertising firm IF they want IHRA to continue to exist. Obviously their current team is not getting the job done. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing anyone particular, I am friends with a lot of IHRA people, but something has to be done. If they are doing something, let the people know! I have made a lot of friends in the IHRA, and it's a shame I may never see some of them again! Keep the F/C's alive (Nitro and Alky)

8. Stefan Kontos

Stefan Kontos Member

Is alky f/c at risk of being dropped as well? I thought it was just NFC

9. KMS

KMS New Member

? alky

I dont really know, there is so many rumors floating around, the only ones that know is the IHRA. Last year the alky class was looking for funding and torco paid the class.

10. Stefan Kontos

Stefan Kontos Member

I wouldn't know but i do remember last year the wait was horrible. The IHRA should have the decency to put something out there to at least give us something to work with. If they get rid of the funny cars whats your plan Andy?

11. KMS

KMS New Member

plans for 09

We are having a brand spanking new NHRA legal Nitro F/C chassis built. Never had anything new before so I am excited. I took delivery of a Dodge strautus body that is just bad! My main focus is my truck business, but I am still looking for sponsorship (at any level) for 09. We'll run atlanta, bristol, charlotte and Richmond. Maybe more, depending on $. I truly hope IHRA has the fuel cars back, but I am not letting them dictate my future! If they dont have Nitro Funnies, I sure hope the alky's still there. Nitro or alky, there is nothing in this world like a FUNNYCAR!

12. luxexpress

luxexpress New Member

13. Stefan Kontos

Stefan Kontos Member

I'm assuming one of the 2 added events will be in between Epping and Rockingham... considering theres like a 5 week break

14. konrodz

konrodz Member

I am so stunned, that they have not said anything yet. Who knows they might say something at the banquet. I also guess that the people that can't make it will just have to sit back and wait until whenever to find out there faith. Who knows maybe Billy Bob's road house up in Wild Hills Alaska might still be interested in sponsoring a team. My point is, that is why the teams over in the NHRA have a lot of chances in getting sponsored before IHRA teams. They approach the companies at the end of the current season while the companies still have an idea of what they want to do for the teams for next year on there mind.

15. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

I've heard a rumor that one of the added events could be in Salt Lake City, anybody else hear anything like that?

16. luxexpress

luxexpress New Member

It would be nice to have another western race to go along with Edmonton, maybe on back to back weekends. I am guessing that they are looking to add the new Dallas track, Palm Beach and NYIRP to the schedule. I think San Antonio and Milan are gone. I wonder if the fact that one track is being built, one just was totally redone and one needs a total overhaul is causing the delay in announcing the schedule - the IHRA has had a problem with putting races on the schedule that didn't work out (Mansfield, Niagara Falls, Toronto) in the past.

17. Stefan Kontos

Stefan Kontos Member

I wonder if they would get Toronto Motorsports Park/Cayuga back, maybe if the pits were done and they made an arrangement with the owners? It was a nice Canadian race that wasn't as far out like Edmonton. Nothing against Edmonton, but i don't see how teams that are from like Texas and stuff can handle such a long drive, still keep Edmonton but its nice to have MORE Canadian races too.

EDIT: Maybe consider San Air?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  18. Les Mellows

Les Mellows New Member

Spiro gonna get Screwed ???

Sorry Spiro , All banquet attendees are sworn to secrecy until April 1st .....and then you have to wait another day before you can rely on anything they said on April fools day!!:rolleyes:KEEP THE FAITH !(fate?)
    Sorry again Spiro , We signed Billy Bob's Roadhouse , Wild Hills Alaska to a 2 1/2 year deal when I was in Vegas ..... He lost the Flip !:D

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  19. konrodz

konrodz Member

Thanks Less....

Your a dogg Les. I had Billy ready to go. Oh well I still have the little W_ _ _ _
    House still on my side for now. Thanks for introducing us to the Madam in charge. Keep it up

20. Kalamahoon

Kalamahoon Member

sponsorship

Don't worry Spiro, Les is just not interested in the little w_ _ _ _ house deal.He is trying to get Playgirl on the door. :D