Working on 60ft times, managing wheel speed

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by ProMod83, Apr 5, 2015.

1. ProMod83

ProMod83 Member

Hi guys, I am looking for some help. I have a door car and I am trying to find some 60ft. I have been consistent .970 60's but I am looking for .940s or .950s

I run a 4.30 rear gear as I think the alcohol funny cars do. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share ws data from a .950 or better for comparison.

I am running a 17/34.5 Hoosier with a liner, 2400lb blown alcohol hemi door car. I have been 3.70s and fairly quick 1.18 back split just really struggling to find some numbers up front.

I also have been running 5.7psi in the tire are 55 in the liner. Any info or discussion would be great.

Billy Thompson

2. ProMod83

ProMod83 Member

No one has any info to share on this?

3. boostedgt500

boostedgt500 Member

Maybe be more specific on your car. You are somewhat vague on your description to get any input.

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

basics

some basic things you can do:

put more timing in it early, especially if we are talking about a converter car.

lean the barrel valve a flat.

raise launch rpm

open a leanout jet for x tenths

put more low gear ratio in it.

if it's a clutch car you can try putting more base in it.

***** these are "OR" recommendations, not "AND" recommendations. pick one area and make small changes. Keep notes of where you are (especially barrel valve) so if something doesn't work, you can go back.

OR

you can hire me and I will improve your 60' times, shake your teeth out or smoke the tires, or your money back...:cool:

5. ProMod83

ProMod83 Member

Thanks Will!

I guess I maybe didn't ask right, I was wondering what kind of wheel speed most guys are seeing to achieve these kind of numbers.

I know from talking with some PX guys that run a 5.00 ratio they are around 4000 DS RPM at 1 second if you divide 4000 by 5.00 you get a axle rpm of 800. If you take that 800 and multiple by 4.30 or 4.56 you get 3440, 3648 that would mean the tire is turning at the same speed.

I assume there are some patterns in what it takes to run that quick early. It seems if we can spin the tire faster we can go quicker as we are on the tire sooner. I have kicked around the idea of trying more tire pressure for more bite and then adding power to get the WS numbers back up.

I just wanted to toss some ideas around with some of you fast guys to see if we can't learn from others experiences.

Thanks,
    Billy Thompson

6. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

spin

A little bit of controlled spin isn't a bad thing but you don't always accellerate the car faster with a bunch of wheelspeed. I have had great 60' times with a bunch of wheelspeed and I have had bad 60' times, just depends on how much is hooking and how much is spinning.

I would try more timing in it and see what that does. You may need to go up a ratio in the trans.

7. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

Man. I just push the pedal down further. Usually works for me. Lmao!