Wolf Heads to Las Vegas for NHRA Toyota Nationals with Blendtek Support

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Oct 26, 2017.

By News Editor on Oct 26, 2017 at 6:08 AM
  1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

LAS VEGAS (Oct. 26, 2017) – NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster pilot Kirk Wolf enters this weekend’s NHRA Toyota Nationals at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway with primary sponsorship from Blendtek Fine Ingredients. Las Vegas is the last race of the season for Wolf, who recently finished third in the NHRA North Central Region championship points.

Kirk Wolf US Nationals_Blendtek 2.jpg

Based in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada, Blendtek Fine Ingredients is a premier food ingredients and solutions company with a mission to challenge expectations and help fuel food innovation globally. Blendtek and owner Bill Zinger have been associate sponsors of Kirk Wolf and the Booher Racing Top Alcohol Dragster since Wolf began his rookie season earlier this year. This weekend, Blendtek will take over the primary branding on the supercharged, Spitzer-built dragster.

“I’m pretty excited because the Zinger family – Bill, Steve, Kim and Kristy – are longtime friends of mine,” Wolf said. “It’s been an honor to have them on board with us all season and to now have them as the primary sponsor on the side of the car for this weekend. I hope we can represent Blendtek well and bring them back a Wally.”

Wolf enters Las Vegas with a full season of experience behind the wheel of the torque converter-equipped Booher Racing entry. He raced to three consecutive regional-event final rounds – one at Chicago and two at Indy – and won the second Indy race. He then recorded the world’s first 5.2-second pass for a torque converter car at the NHRA U.S. Nationals in Indy. Tuned by 2013 NHRA North Central Region champion Brandon Booher, Wolf has been in the 5.2-second range at all but two races since the U.S. Nationals.

“I’m actually pretty confident that we have a car that can win,” Wolf asserted. “Brandon has the tuneup where he wants it. The car is running consistent 5.2s. I don’t see why we don’t have a good chance at winning this event. As long as I’m on my game on the tree and Brandon keeps the car running consistently quick, I think we have a good chance at leaving Vegas with a Wally.”

Kirk Wolf and the Blendtek Fine Ingredients Top Alcohol Dragster will hit The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the first NHRA Toyota Nationals qualifying session around noon on Friday, Oct. 27. Two more qualifying sessions are scheduled for 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Eliminations will begin Sunday at 9:30 a.m.

###

ABOUT BLENDTEK FINE INGREDIENTS
    As a trusted source for innovators in food manufacturing, Blendtek supplies high quality food ingredients and solutions ranging from the basics to the inspired such as alternative protein sources, natural extracts and sweeteners, gluten free products, organic products, functional food systems, proprietary blends and much more. Blendtek’s complete portfolio of offerings consists of conventional food, nutraceuticals, sports nutrition and natural food ingredients carefully selected from Canadian and international partners. For more information on Blendtek, please visit www.Blendtek.com.

ABOUT BOOHER RACING
    Booher Racing is a father-son NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster team led by owner/crew chief Aaron Booher and his son, tuner Brandon Booher. The AB Construction dragster, driven by Kirk Wolf, holds the title of quickest and fastest torque-converter-equipped vehicle in the world. The 2013 NHRA North Central TAD Regional championship-winning Booher Racing team receives support from Blendtek, Spitzer Race Cars, High Performance Lubricants (HPL), Brad Anderson Enterprises, B&J Transmission, Quick Drive, Neal Chance Racing Converters, Goodson Tools and Torque MGMT.

Follow Booher Racing on Facebook (www.facebook.com/booherracing), Twitter (www.twitter.com/booherracing), and Instagram (www.instagram.com/booherracing).

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Oct 26, 2017.