WJ exit of pro stocks ?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by rick macedo racing, Jul 12, 2010.

1. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

Since racing was on 3rd shift,and I fell asleep,what was the deal with all the P/S cars leaving the staging lanes after he blew a gasket ?
    Rick

2. Ro Yale

Ro Yale Member

On tv it was said that they only prepped the first 1000'. I took it that they needed to put some VHT the entire 1350'. And obviously they did later. I suspect it would be a wild ride to go 1000' then no traction. The pro stocks got no down force so that would be a hell-of-a-ride at about 1100'.

3. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

prostocks

I was there and the first two pair of prostocks went down the track. One of them moved around a bit but it was before he got to the 1000' mark. Warren ran 208 and lost- I think what is going on here is he is blaming his loss on the track rather than his own performance. They left the lanes and the TAFC ran. Sean Obannon went 5.57 in that very same left lane. There wasn't anything wrong with the track, just one primadonna blaming his lack of winning on the track. There wasn't any VHT or PJ1 sprayed between the prostocks and the TAFC. I know that I am frequently critical of the NHRA but in this case the racers were wrong. That track was in the best shape I have ever seen it. Dave Germain

4. Joe Percoco

Joe Percoco Member

5. WANNABE

WANNABE New Member

6. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Hi Dave:

Warren said right off on TV he got beat fair and square and that wasn't his beef. One of the drivers said his car started chattering the tires after the 1,000' mark where it knocked the tires loose and started sliding around before he decided to push in the clutch. NHRA sprayed the remainder of the track before they continued and they happily ran the rest of their round. I don't blame them (pro stock racers) for being concerned.

I think NHRA likes to stop spraying at 1,000 ft because some of the fuel teams think the rubber chunking comes at decelleration, where they step off the throttle and the tires are stuck solid in the opposite direction. Makes sense to me when you see the black rubber marks they leave after the finish line.

TAFC's are more stable than any pro stocker and don't "swap ends" at the drop of a hat. Talk to former TA/FC racer Johnny Gray next time you see him and ask him what he thinks of the difference in the two classes from 660' to the finish line.

RG