With HD's money in pocket, how bout NHRA underwriting TAD/TAFC at Sports Nats???

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

How about full 16 car fields with TV time at the Sportsnationals???

Once the HD deal goes down, sounds like a great way to 'support' the sportsman classes as promised...

2. tad2155

tad2155 Member

Second the motion

Amen Brother, since Alcohol is the 3rd quickest class on the grounds

On the sidelines in Bama

3. sportsman fan

sportsman fan New Member

good idea

I think HD partners should make TAD/AFD and TAFC and Comp part of the pro show seeing that that they have such deep pockets.:) We all know that won't happen but will happen is they will raise ticket prices and entry fees in classes. Lets hope they grow the sport in a positive direction and tell ESPN to get rid of Paul Page he is bad for sport in all ways.

4. SICTOR

SICTOR hola amigos!

HD partners Stocks

everyone talking about HD partnrs, anyone has thought about buying their stock? Buy low, sell high......look at their price when you get a chance. U too can profit from this.

5. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

We were told when the first Sports National was put together at No Problem in La. that it was just an experiment and the track didn't have enough purse money to pay the TAD/TAFC''s but if it worked out they would add the class the following year. So what happened they went out and hired a Top Fuel car, a couple of pro stockers, Pro Mods, and if memory serves me correct a jet car. I guess they didn't have any fast cars to advertise which they did a lot of and had great crouds. For what they paid out they could have ran the alcohol classes and had money left over.
    I raised hell about it on this site and sent emails to NHRA of which none were answered. But I was told by some on this site not to worry about it as it was no big deal! I guess since we have another two events now with national points awarded, TV coverage, and full spread in ND with no Pro's present is a big deal.
    I personaly think that door is locked. They will continue to pay cars to advertise but have all that backgate money from the Sportsman racers. We have since learned that NHRA doesn't consider us Sportsman racers. So what are we???

6. eli

eli Banned

Yep, help Screw yourself out of a place to race,
    Do you realy think that racers are in RACING for the MONEY, Most all are in it for the FUN, ARE WE HAVING FUN YET? It used to be. :rolleyes:

One more thing what if the deal don't go thru?, what if it's another stock con job ?, just to boost the price of the stock, then guys like you that bought low can sell high before it drops or mybe you get stuck with $100,000 worth of stock, thats worth $5,000 now. The deal is not done yet. hold on to you jock strap. ;)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  7. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

You have to ask yourselves. Whats in it for them? They see empty stands at divisionals and make the decision thats theres no potential growth present. I still say you need a series sponsor that pays all the way down to round money at divisional events and has their own local advertising package. Because the track 'promoters' are not going to budge on advertising when alcohol round money cuts into their gate. But perhaps a division level series sponsor will. The alcohol racers themselves may have to work to recruit a potential divisional or regional sponsor but I don't see that happening. I was told by a former TARA member that very few racers want to get involved. Maybe If a racers organization started out with a mission statement outlining goals similar to above it would stand a chance.

8. eli

eli Banned

It's like I said on another tread, you cant help someone that wont help themselves! :mad:

9. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

I think its good to have Gene (Eli) around... He doesn't hold back! Some arguments I stay out of or don't fully express my opinion (last year I learned to just shut up *especially if you make a mistake*), but reading Gene's posts makes me smile... If no one complains then nothing gets done... I say complain more but make sure your listened to... Your argument it tested when you meet opposition, so consider Gene someone who is giving you an opportunity to strengthen your argument (always look for the good)!

CJ Curtsinger

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  10. Lethal Threat Racing

you can tell that ELI is not a fully invested investor. I am in for 10,000 shares and back it up with 7200 shares of TRK Bruton Smith. ELI I wish you would spend $500.00 buy some HDP and then latter let them buy a few parts for you with their money they are going to make. One way or another Money is to be made. ELI keep up the post is good to get the old ticker pumping.