winterize car trailer for winter

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by hotrodharlkey, Oct 23, 2013.

1. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

how does everyone store and protect there car trailers for the nasty winter?as to trailer//tires/batt. and outside for winter elments;;trailer has to set outside this winter and want to preserve it best i can;;

2. craig moss

craig moss Member

Get an rv cover & a battery tender

3. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

cover me up

also get a set of white tire covers from jc whitney, cheap and really cut down on dry rot from sun in tires. also, move to California, no snow here, and we race year round ! I once did race 52 weekends in 1 year ! long year..........

yes, if you have the gumption, storing inside on wood, not concrete, will help greatly. in the basement or room temp is much better for tires than 40 below...........reguardless, I would get used to the habit of rotating the tires to spares and getting new ones every 2 years or so. that's just the way it is !

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  4. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

should i put trailer up on blocks so tires off ground or just put wood boards under them?had couple tell me to take tires off trailer and store inside w/laying on there sides;;;when i got trailer from Branden they looked like they didn't have any miles on them but 2 out of the 4 had tread come off them just in the 400 mile transport trip;;i put 4 new tires on it so like to get a few years use out of them before replacing again;;going check in on a rv cover to see how expensive that would be compared to traps;;just got all my vinly letters and graphics on trailer and not wanting them to fade out before ever get to use trailer;;;