wing angles for altered

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by hydrotherapy, May 19, 2011.

1. hydrotherapy

hydrotherapy Member

Just put rear wing and front conards on 125 inch altered with a 526 bae with a psi case blower a 3 speed lencodrive a 456 rear gear and a 36 tall tire. Just trying to set wings and conards need what angle to set them at?

2. Fuel Cars

Fuel Cars AA/AM

Too many variables; depends on wing profile, width, area, height of mounting plane, whether or not if obstructed and how much obstruction, etc.

Call the wing manufacturer and ask them, and if unknown, I would start with a neutral to 2 degree angle of attack (aoa) and work from there. The wings aoa should produce downward pressure on the vehicle.

Also, the spill plates will have a large affect on hi-speed stability.

3. alt 6153

alt 6153 Member

I run high 6's low 7's with my altered. I set my rear wing at 2 deg. Its not a big wing though. not sure of exact size right now, maybe 30"X 16"???? I just have a "Hammer Head" nose on it, so not sure what to do there. The car moves around a little until 660 mark or so, then you can feel the wing start working and car gets good and soild.

4. BLOWN INCOME

Just like (fuel cars) said above...he is 100% correct
    are fiat ran 5.80's in the 1/4 and 3.90's in the 1/8 , with the lencodrive and hemi.
    One wing (a cheaper one ) we had to run 6 to 8 degrees
    the wing : Jd2chassis.com built we only had to run 1 degree
    thanks
    santo

5. hydrotherapy

hydrotherapy Member

altered wing

Thanks guys, it gives me a place to start.Being a boat guy the car is all new.
    Dave;