Wildman / Torco Wins Snowbird Natonals

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by bj2racing, Dec 7, 2006.

1. bj2racing

bj2racing New Member

Hi, my (nick)name is Cigar Bob. I was given that name by my best buddy: Dave “Wildman” Hedges. This is my first post, so please bear with me…
    First, I would like to thank Brian Pfeifer and my fellow crewmates for giving me the opportunity to be on a GREAT team!
    Secondly, I would like to thank Evan Knoll and his family for all their support. I know this has been a tough season, but we have stuck with it and he has given the team his total support…Thanks!
    Third, I would like to congratulate Dave Hedges on winning the Snowbird Nationals. Not many people I know would have the composure to get back in a car that had just gone off the end of the track…but he also saw NO rise to his blood pressure! Not only did he get back behind the wheel, but he cut a good light and WON the final! Great job Dave!
    Forth, I hope Evan knows what a valuable asset he has in our team’s crew chief: Brian Pfeifer “Doc”. Brian magnificently orchestrated the massive clean-up and rebuilding of the TORCO Top Alcohol Dragster, then organized and directed the many Helpers that had never assisted the team before. Many thanks to those Helpers: Marty Thacker, Robin Samsol, Boomer, Leslie, Brian, Debbie Gordon, Steve, Nancy, Nancy’s helper and Crew for the other two TORCO fuel teams…hope I didn’t miss anyone!
    Evan you would really be proud how everyone worked together! After Dave ran off the track upon reaching him and giving him a hug…making sure he was OK, I looked at the car and thought we will probably drag it back to the pit, clean it and put it in the box…
    NOT!
    Brian had a different plan and so the “Doc” began his “surgery” to put the car back together and ready to race. So, the team started with the clean up. Next thing we knew, people started showing up and asking how they could help. Thanks again to all of them!
    A lot the Teams and Fans were amazed that we not only made it back to the track for the final round, but then proceeded to win it!
    This race…what a way for a Driver and his Team to pull together!
    On a side note, Dave…next time you want to go to the beach, I’ll take you with the rental car! …they can go ANYWHERE!
    After Dave’s run off the track, Nancy Matter gave him a new name: Dave “the Beach-man” Hedges.
    Lastly, I would like to thank the personnel at the Bradenton Motor Sports Park. They did a fantastic job prepping and cleaning up the oil downs. Additionally, I want to thank the Safety Crew for their very fast response to our incident…GREAT work guys!
    Merry Christmas to All and to All a GOOD LIGHT!:cool:

2. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

Well Put Bob!!!!!

It was GREAT FUN!!! and you guys (along with all the Torco Teams) are Wonderful to work with, race with and hang with. We really got that car back to tip top shape in record time it seemed.

See you soon, please say hi to Brian, Fred, and Beach Man for us.

:D :D

Nancy

3. Hokes Racing

Hokes Racing Moderator

Brian and the guys are really great, and cook a mean Pork Chop. Tell Brian, Dave, Fred and all the rest I said hello.

PS if they need any wine I still have some
    Lanny

4. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

Lanny, Chardonnay?

:D :D

5. Hokes Racing

Hokes Racing Moderator

well I really dont know if that is what you would call it. the ones that have have had it said that it could be a new fuel for The Alcohol cars

Lanny

6. sc7662

sc7662 Member

snowbirds

Bob, great post and i know that boomer,leslie and myself enjoyed helping.
    I would like to say that Brian P did a great job with handling the situation and Dave did a great job of getting back in the saddle.

Congrats to the whole team and have a Happy Holiday season.

P.S Lanny's wine is in a class of it's own , just don't no what class that is.

Brian Mans

7. Kosmo

Kosmo tad

it is some good stuff........:D

8. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

Off the subject of Beach man, woo hoo, I got my little avatar picture in there. Simple things for simple minds ya'll, sorry, now back to the regularly scheduled subject........:cool: