Why separate feed lines to the distribution blocks?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Scouder, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Scouder

Scouder New Member

On my system, I've got a flow meter after the barrel valve, then a Y with separate lines to the hat and port distribution blocks. Why don't we just plumb the distribution blocks together and run a single line to the hat block?

-Scouder

2. blown375

blown375 New Member

You dont use a port check popet?

3. eli

eli Banned

Don't try to reinvent the wheel.

4. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

I like that fact that there is only 1 line that connects the blower and the intake manifold, its quicker disassembly than taking all the port lines off.

5. Scouder

Scouder New Member

Yes. All I'm saying is why don't we feed the port block from the hat block instead of having a y in the line after the fuel flow meter? We would still have a port block and check, it would just get it's fuel from the plenum in the hat block. There must be some simple reason we don't do it, but I cant find it (I'm new to this though, so I know just short of nothing). It would be cleaner, less fittings, and lighter.

-Scouder

6. ibaddlizzard@aol.com

we use a gorr dist block it has 2 inlets and all the hat and ports you need to use 1 dist block. works great ....:cool: DOC

7. blown375

blown375 New Member

8. eli

eli Banned

because that fitting on top of the distabution block should have a line from the pump saver going to it. :)

9. badbird

badbird New Member

The ERD fuel systems are plumbed in this way, BV to hat dist block out of the hat block to the port block, look at www.erdengines.com and look at fuel systems