Why are my exhaust rockers are gett'n chewed up?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Ozzy Osborn, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Ozzy Osborn

Ozzy Osborn Member

After 4 runs, 8 warm ups I have 2 exhaust rockers with damaged tips. The rockers are the standard Chrysler 426 style, not rollers. Motor is a KB 461 1/2 deck, AJ heads. Anyone have an idea why this is happening? ALSO, in replacing them are there different degree arms and what if they are mixed in? The replacement rockers look the same at an eyes comparison.

THX,
    Ozzy
    432-559-6395

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  2. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

mark

that didnt happen on the warm ups and the runs in denton i think they were over looked when who ever put those heads together to were the one rocker that i seen and told you about had to be like that to wear it that bad the lash cap would have been tore up thats my thoughts put two new ones on and go racing and i noticed that one the first time i adjusted the valves on you hot rod in denton

3. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

4. Ozzy Osborn

Ozzy Osborn Member

Jim,

I agree. You and I discussed this that day. You showed me the abnormal wear pattern however, there was an aditional rocker arm damaged as well. It simply patterned the lash lock, not bad but obviouse. As you and I discussed last night it appears I bought a very well used set of rockers. Oh well, live and learn right. I have replaced both damaged peices and removed the pattern from the other with a dremel tool. I should be ready to go and will keep an eye on all of them.

Thanks podno,

PS, lets load your funny and set the track record in Virginia?

5. Ozzy Osborn

Ozzy Osborn Member

Dave....check your pm.

Thanks bud,

Ozzy

6. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

im tring to find a trailer for april 12 my race has been changed to roxboro nc instead of waynesboro va

7. Ozzy Osborn

Ozzy Osborn Member

too bad were so far apart cause yor welcome to mine.......(trailer...for all those wonderin....)