Who will be the TAD national champion?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by ch3no2, Apr 25, 2006.

1. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Looks like the A-fuel cars are still the fastest. Although, O'bannon has a shot. I like Reicherts chances. I think Gallant, Olivarez, and Torrence are people to watch. Obviously Ashley will be right there, and what about Finke with Boggs tuning? It's still really early in the season so their may be some surprises, but If I was going to take a guess, It would bet on one of these guys.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  2. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Based on what they have done this early in the season Id pick Bill Reichert to win the championship this year. Its early yet but they have been running very well so far and have some wins under their belt. Not to knock anybody else, thats just who Id like to see take it all in 06.

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

funny

funny how you mention that O'Bannon has a 'shot' but are quick to jump on the what if bandwagon when mentioning A/F performances...

i think Reichert is looking awfully strong right now. Conway/Torrence will still be his closest competition.

if O'Bannon shows in Topeka, that will be the showdown won't it....

4. alky racer

alky racer New Member

I know that Reichert is hot wright now but he has still not shown he can run in the heat. That being said I think that Torrence is still the man who is deadly at all tracks all the time which makes him the best car in the country as of now. The season is still young. Watch for the blown cars from the west to try to make a charge(Federlin,Demke,O'Bannon and the Will ride) Topeka will be intresting with O'Bannon and Federlin going there for sure.

5. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Of course Will. I have always said the A-fuel cars are the shit! There are a few fast blown cars but most of the great racers already switched to A-fuel. Not all, but most, There are some GREAT racers still driving blown cars and they could win the championship. But, I like the chances of a couple of drivers to win and it just so happens they burn nitro.

6. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Anyone who thinks the Blown cars have a chance is smokin somthing!:rolleyes:

7. alky racer

alky racer New Member

I must have got the good stuff to smoke because I believe the blown cars have a shot as of now. Four races in the books on the west coast and three out of four races blown cars have low e.t. and top speed. I guess we will find out how close the two sides are at Topeka when some of the best with both combos show up.

8. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

What 4 races on the west coast are you referring to?

Pomona- Winner Shields AFD
    Firebird LODRS- Winner Demke BAD ( one of my fav blown cars :D )
    Tucson LODRS- Winner Niver AFD ( my fav AFD, gotta love the Niver bunch )
    Las Vegas- Winner O'Bannon

I dont have the ets handy for these races but it was an even split between bad/afd winners.

Dont get me wrong from my above post, Id like to see the blown cars do well but I still think the an a/fuel car will be the champ. And Im still betting on Bill.

9. alky racer

alky racer New Member

I will give you the numbers for thoes races

(Pomona) low e.t O'Bannon 5.31 Top Speed O'Bannon 270.34

(Phoenix) low e.t O'Bannon 5.35 Top Speed O'Bannon 269.??

(Tucson) low e.t. Niver 5.35 Top Speed ???? I think it was Niver

(Vegas) low e.t O'Bannon 5.38 Top Speed O'Bannon 267.??

Lets not forget that a Tucson the a-fuel cars were at 100% so that race does not really factor in. Not saying it will be like this way when the best a fuel and blown cars match up just saying the blown cars have done well at west coast races. I like Demke also good car good people to bad they dont get to race back east very often I believe that team is very under rated.