WHO WANTS TO HELP THE NEW GUY!

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Jason, May 20, 2004.

1. Jason

Jason New Member

I recently purchased a used alcohol motor, its a KB olds with STG.2 Alan Johnson heads and a whipple blower, the fuell system is enerle stuff, a nitro b-valve and a 990 pump. This combo is going in an outlaw pro mod door car. I'm switching from a nitrous motor. My question is this: where is a good place to gather info on the ins and outs of these motors? I have never ran one of these things so I am interested alot in fuel system theory and such. I would really like to come up with some sort of operating range such as overdrive, timing, plug gap, and rpm. Is there any books that you guys might be able to recommend? I have people available that have lots of experience and even some world championships but unfortunately they are not always around. I want to learn as much as I can mainly so if someone suggests a change in my tune-up I can understand why. Sorry so long winded but I would appreciate any help ya'll could give! :D

2. KC23

KC23 New Member

Dont let other people run your program call a fuel system guy like Fowler,Oddy or Gore plenty more out there. We all know conway is very good but might be a little more task the conway is up for in keeping tabs on someone and going over deatils after every race.. If i remeber right that motor made 2400 around 7400rpm with psi blower .. Picked alot of motor to get started with , keep it in piece, headgaskets pistons and cylinder heads every pass will run you between 700-1000 per pass to repair so the cost of the fuel system will more then pay for itself first weekend your able to run.. Find someone in your area that runs a blower car since you have zero time around an alcohol motor even something much smaller...

3. Jason

Jason New Member

looks like you're pretty familiar with this motor, which I guess is a good thing. At least you didnt come out and say "you shouldnt have bought that junk" Thanks for the help, I have other questions for things like oil type/weight and capacity, recommended valve lash these are some of the details I need. Thanks alot for your reply.

4. Jason

Jason New Member

bye the way, I'm not completely unfamiliar with this stuff as far as components etc. I worked at an engine shop for afew years we did ALOT of blown pro mod stuff and I did cylinder head repair for some fuel funny cars. However as it is with the nascar boys, alot of the "meat-n-taters" tuning info wasnt shared.