Who,s leaving the seat?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by kosky racing, Dec 31, 2005.

1. kosky racing

kosky racing Comp Eliminator

Read Bob Freys article on Summits site.

2. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

I'm guessing here...

Vern Moats???

3. LaDon

LaDon New Member

I bet that Vern is a bad guess.

4. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

Could it be Manzo? Has last years bad health returned??

5. D. Palmer

D. Palmer TA/FC

Hmmmm? Vern Moats was my first thought also Dan...I know the Olympic champ, who hails from PA, wants to drive a TAFC in 06'... I'm just speculating but maybe a ride closer to home (D1 or maybe D3) might be more attractive to him if the two rumors are connected...Happy New Year Everyone!! Doug

6. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

scoop

my sources put the olympic champ with a certain heavy 'hitter' team from a geographical area not mentioned yet in this thread.....

guess away, but i think yall are all wet.

7. RON CHAFFEE

RON CHAFFEE New Member

I would not bet on Vern leaving the seat. The old boy can still run the numbers and will be the first to admitt his left leg is a little slow on reacting. But 40 some years in the game and he still loves what he does.

8. ITS IN MY BLOOD

geographacaly speaking ....could the oly champ be replacing the heavy hitter out of div.6 who has something to do with mufflers....and funding a future a/fuel digger sometime soon.....hint hint....

9. eastcoast1

eastcoast1 New Member

I also agree with Doug.....I think he (Olympic Gold medal winner) would prefer something closer to home..... I heard he might be running a car with Frank Hawley.

At the end of the day, no matter who he drives for or with, the publicity is going to be good for the alcohol classes. I wish him much success.

10. D. Palmer

D. Palmer TA/FC

I spoke with someone "in the know" today who informed me that Will and ITS IN MY BLOOD are most likely correct in their info regarding the Olympic champ. Looks like Div. 6 may be in line to have a rookie East Coast driver in the mix in 06', should be an interesting combination to say the least. I also understand that the gold medal winner was very close to following his dream with a right coast team until their current driver was offered the opportunity, and made the decision, to stay on board with them in 2006.. Doug

11. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I thought Uncle Buck tried that once before. I can tell you from experience, relinquishing the seat isn't an easy thing to do. Standing behind YOUR car is almost like watching someone ride your wif...never mind.

12. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

ride

my sources indicate while the door is open, this isn't a done deal and may start with a few trial outings...

13. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Thats an interesting way to look at it Randy, I never thought about it that way lol. See you in Pomona next month, Ill be the dirty one in the can at Pattons =)

14. eastcoast1

eastcoast1 New Member

Doug....

Yes, I thought Marty would have been driving for you guys in 06.....I met him at Maple Grove last year and saw he was spending some time in your pit, some gal also told me that she saw him and Jay together at some college with the car ??..... that's too bad, I think the two of them joining forces would have attracted some major media attention... anyways, I am a fan of both of you (the Oly. Champ and Follow a Dream) and was hoping you guys would have teamed up.

15. Wade Oman

Wade Oman New Member

I know for the past couple of years the rumor was that Comp driver Paul Anderson out of Division 5 was going to take over the driving duties when Vern Moats was ready to step out of the seat. Looks like this might be true as Paul’s racecars are for sale on Mike Carr’s comp forum. I guess we will have to wait and see?????

16. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

If someone told me that last year i would not have believe them but it is so true :-(
    very hard to watch your car from the back, but it has some rewards...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  17. ProMod_57

ProMod_57 New Member

I have recently talked with both drivers. I have raced with Paul for many years in Denver. Last that I knew Paul will be driving a new car and traveling with Moats this year. I was at Frank Hawleys this week (jan 9) to get my TAFC license. Marty stopped by for a few passes in the car also. I was able to watch him make a few laps and sit in on the recap. Leaving Gainesville his plans were to be in Vegas the first test in Feb and drive with Bucky. After talking to Marty, and seeing his determination he will be driving someones car soon. Marty also portrays a confident and professional attitude that will welcomed in TAFC and by sponsors.

By the way if you know of anyone with opportunities still available I am also looking. Currently I am driving a AA/ProMod and will also be in Vegas for the Feb test.

18. eastcoast1

eastcoast1 New Member

Looks like the Olympic Champ brought a great sponsor!!

Autotrader.com / DentWizard sponsors Marty and Bucky......I guess it's official....we will see the two of them teaming up. Any idea how many races they are going to run? Are they coming east?

19. ITS IN MY BLOOD

DID I WIN ....DID I WIN...LMAO
    i told ya so.....