who has had throttle stick ?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by blown1969camaro, Jan 27, 2014.

1. blown1969camaro

here is the brief combo
    its door car d rotor carbon hat hemi

the throttle comes up on the mag side and the hood is no where near cable ..ccable is currently free moving

driver side hood is possible it moved up and hit the barrelvalve but unlikely

we do run a screen before barrelvalve we will check it to see if it possibly moved

it never ices up and we do spray deicer on it before we start it . not to rule this theory out but not likely

please post things we should check for after the crash to prevent this

please keep it on a serious level :)

it did go back into 1st gear when the layhee box went to 7.99 and it then banged blower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyAMkg0Ffbo

2. JMatt

JMatt New Member

I had a throttle stick open once using stack injection. One of the butterflies was loose and when the throttle was wide open it shifted in the bore very slightly. That prevented anything from closing at the end of the pass. So while rare, if you had a butterfly move at all it would have prevented anything from closing. Don't know what evidence was left over after that crash....

I was fortunate in that first, I was only going about 170 mph. But second, I had practiced what I would do if the throttle hung, and I cut off electrical power and pulled the fuel shutoff as soon as I lifted and nothing happened. Thus I was still able to safely stop.

Why didn't the chutes come out on that pass?

3. Mark Leigh

Mark Leigh Member

Does your kill switch work ? Fuel shut off ? How does your morse cable connect to your injector ? Is it a push or pull to open ?

Did you try to pull it back with your toe hoop ? Do you have a toe hoop ? Have this morse cable on the car been through any blower bangs or other carnage before ?

Was the injector still stuck open when the car came to a stop ?

4. blown1969camaro

all above awnered

5. Mark Leigh

Mark Leigh Member

Good Luck !:p

6. kosky racing

kosky racing Comp Eliminator

stuck throttle

Had a needle bearing on the shaft go bad it tried to lock shaft.

7. Joad Donnelly

Joad Donnelly Member

I have had a throttle hang wfo a couple times due to some linkage issues. I was glad to have an emergency kill switch, which kills a number of items electrically, within easy reach. It's not my first choice in methods of shutting of an engine when it's at full throttle but it never resulted in any damage that we could detect.

8. blownapex

blownapex Member

tors

tors throttle over ride system
    that's what my snowmobile has
    its a electrical switch that pushes in before any throttle movement
    if you let off and the throttle sticks it goes to a low 2 step or rpm limiter
    after fixing the real problem
    maybe this is a good safety devise

what barrell valve did you have
    overcenter barrel valve will hydraulic it (mostly the gore)

9. LeWhite

LeWhite BB/Alt

Gorr

Explain hydraulic Gorr BV?

10. blownapex

blownapex Member

bv

my buddy had his c screw blown chevy with a gore barrel valve stick 2 times and couldn't pull it back
    what I think we found was the valve was going beyond wo and starting to close and the pressure was holding it
    he had the link bar in the outer hole so the travel wasn't 1 to 1
    it hasn't happened since then

11. alt 6153

alt 6153 Member

I had a TA/FC friend of mine, that had the throttle stay open a couple times. Found the plates were opening too far, (almost started to point up a little) and air (at 240+mph) would hold the plates open. Dropped WOT stop screw a little and problem went away. Just a thought!!! Good luck!!

Chuck.

12. Andy C

Andy C Member

throttle stuck

we had the same thing happen to us could not find anything wrong... see vid
    yes tried to pull the throttle back with toe, lucky it was an 8mile race... the et on the board was 1/4 mile

http://www.grs-motorsports.net/videos2012/usa/atco/15junio/4.wmv

the hat and cable linkage ... nothing wrong with it.. Enderly BV

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  13. blown1969camaro

problem found

thanks for all the ideas

after hrs of looking we found that the cable was mounted to top part of the car area (hard to understand) and it flexed and bound cable only when wind pushed hood up
    this has not ben a problem because the hood always bowed up ...recently (2 runs before ) we added 2 dzus fastners to the hood ...the first run of the week end we did not install them because the spring was not adjusted ......then on that run we did ...when the car went down track it lifted the hood and top of windshield and flexed where the cable mounted and stuck ....

the problem was duplicated every timeu pull up on hood like it was moving 200mph

thanks for all the ideas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bskQm8Uimd4

14. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Problem

Glad to hear you guys found the problem. Poor Kenny, all that hell thanks to the addition of 2 dzuz fasteners.

There should also be a thank you thrown in here for the staff at Bradenton Motorspports Park for looking out for our friend Kenny. Those guys were on it and did a great job with the rescue and the track as always. I am really glad we switched tracks, if that had been Sunshine it would have went right into busy traffic.

On a side note I think we need to make a firesuit and helmet for Minion Dave...that was a close call

Also I believe Kenny may now be the fastest pro mod driver in the world at 275.....

Trev

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014