Whit speaks out straight talk

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Ron C, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

2. Ken Sitko

Ken Sitko Super Comp

I agree with most of what Whit has to say. The mid 90's, in my opinion, were the height of drag racing. Most everyone had one car, there were usually 22 or more top fuel or funny cars for 16 spots, and there were usually a couple of high profile teams that didn't qualify. The races were exciting, and you really had no idea who was going to win most of the time. I go watch 1 national event a year now, just to get my nitro fix, but it is not what it used to be. There hardly any independents that take a stab at making the show, they can't afford it, and they have little chance of qualifying. I would also like to see the 1 vs 9, 2 vs 10 ladders come back, the number one guy still has quite an advantage over number 9, but at least the competition is a little closer. The track prep is another thing. We watch those damn tractors go up and down the track at least 10 times a day, that's not what I went there for.

3. Dale H.

Dale H. Member

I think the fuel classes should run a fuel pump with a reduced gallonage to slow them down just a bit.You can only make so much power with so much fuel. Also the pumps should a sealed spec pump that is issued to the teams at the start of the race and returned after the race to be inspected and flowed then resealed to be issued out randomly at the next race.
    Also take all the timers and controls off the clutches, making them manual pressure apply.And take all data aquasition off, making the human tune more important.

-Dale