whipple vs psi

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by thornton, Jan 3, 2010.

1. thornton

thornton New Member

can someone tell me the pros & cons on a whipple vs a psi both screw blower i well be run this on a bbc in the mud was told the psi would have to leave at a high rpm then the whipple thanks for any info

2. Andy C

Andy C Member

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  3. mudmankipp

mudmankipp New Member

psi and mud

dont belive what you hear about the psi and mud. we ran a d blower at 100 over, made 50-55 lbs of boost and left at a dead idle. depends on your clutch and set up on what will stay in the car. use all 1480 drive line. my car was fatal attraction. if you need any set up info, let me know.

kipp

4. thornton

thornton New Member

thanks for the info and i may take you up on the offer it well be a few months be for i get the car put to gather thanks again mark thornton

5. fasttimesracing

hey where do you race at? any details on your car ?newed something to think about while it is cold.i run a blown mud racer also

6. thornton

thornton New Member

its been a long time since i ran we are just starting to put a car togather. we are hoping to run this summer with b & m and just hit and miss all over. trying some new suspison this time floater 4-link like on a dirt late model. hoping to drive off all 4 tires in stead of just the back 2. its a 567 rodeck big chief heads 14-71 for now. quickchange front and back .reveser with clutch.
    140 wb

7. mudmankipp

mudmankipp New Member

good luck with the quick change stuff. i destroyed 5 rears in 2 races. if the car bounces, you will blow the diffs apart !!!! run 9 inch stuff, front and rear. take it from me, its alot cheaper.

8. thornton

thornton New Member

rear

thanks for the info. what parts did you brake. how did you mount standerd four link pull bar or other