Whipple motor facts

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by kbhemi, Dec 9, 2003.

1. kbhemi

kbhemi Member

Ok, I hope I am not asking too much but here goes - I am running a R980 whipple on a 526 KBHemi, Newberry 2.5 intake heads, msd 44, Lenco 3 spd, etc, weight is 2550 but sometimes I have to weigh 2900. The question is - What compresssion ratio should I be running? Have +.270 rods now, seems like a lot of compression. Am running 35% over, would like to run more. Now for the tricky part - Fuel system, I need details, pop off pressures, bleeds, MORE! There are a lotta ideas out there and a lotta places to plug in (or take out) fuel. I have a feeling I am missing something that is tearing up parts. Pics and specifics is really needed. I have some smarts so I can talk parts but I sure do need help. It is together, it runs, sounds good, but..
    Thanks - Wayne R

2. Funnycarbob

Funnycarbob Top Dragster

Call Aaron Sipple at Sipples Performance and have the system flowed.
    1-859-986-8889
    Tell them Bob Lupini said to call

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

the person to call for this would be tom anderson. he has extensive pro mod experience, plus he currently runs a veney/bnr motor in his tafc. so he is familiar with both. i dont have his number on me right now, but he is located in rochester, ny. i think his non racing business name is union processing if you want to call information.

you may have to spend a little money getting your system flowed, but it will save you a lot later, maybe now if you are tearing up parts.

in the mean time, if you are confused on the fuel system, keep it simple. if you are not sure when a high speed is opening, then you are setting yourself up for trouble.

will

[ December 10, 2003, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Will Hanna ]