Whipple Certification?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by shawn davis, Dec 4, 2006.

1. shawn davis

shawn davis Member

Anyone Around Can Cert A Whipple Anymore?

2. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

didn't know that you can run them anymore?

3. Danny Humphreys

Shawn, No one can recert one, but Bob Newberry did the recerts back in the day and can check yours if you need it.

4. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

I believe Walt Austin racing used to do the recerts also. I don't know that they will recert anymore either. I thought only the NHRA required that blowers be certified and I don't think you can run a whipple in NHRA competition anymore? Dave Germain

5. shawn davis

shawn davis Member

From What I Heard They Are Allowing Screw Blowers On Door Cars, Certified To Run Faster Than 7.50. Uncertified Slower Than 7.50
    Adrl Has A Lot Of Psi Cars, And Have Been Running On Nhra Tracks Without An A.s.o. Approval.
    Mike C What Have You Heard?

6. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Whipperator

Australia allows it with NO cert.
    No one left in the U.S. that will pay the spin test fees for SFI, so it is NOT legal.
    Last story I heard from Europe where they are still legal with current cert., one person tried to send his to Lysolm in Sweden for recert, but was told it had to have NEW bearings for recert, but they were out of bearings (supposedly very rare), but were expecting some in about six to twelve months. If you could find brand new ones, they would recert. He didn't bother, he's looking for a PSI.

7. shawn davis

shawn davis Member

Sure Is A Hassle. We Bought Bearings Here About 6 Months Ago, They Were Expensive...but So Is A New Blower!

8. Michael Harvey

Michael Harvey New Member

they have to be recertified over here in Australia. Gary Phillips was doing them over here when i needed mine done so i'm assuming that he is still doing them.

9. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Michael; I may be wrong, but a true recert needs a spin test, unless ANDRA has worked out their own deal with Gary, but I'd check.
    You think there might be a chance that Zap will let Gary do the inspecting ?:p :) :eek:

10. B.DOUCET

B.DOUCET New Member

I recieved an e-mail from Zap that Gary Phillips does the recerts on the Whipple. Not sure if it's a SFI tag are something else.