Whipple Blower?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by sdpm, Sep 24, 2006.

1. sdpm

sdpm New Member

I have a Whipple with a 6 month old certified bag on our KB that I might be selling. What are they worth? It is in real good cond. and has never been banged or hurt. We have to add a little oil to the rear every race but that's it. Any help is greatly appreicated. Will post some pics tomorrow.Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  2. RBS

RBS Authorized Merchant

whipple value

There Is Not A Lot Of Orginizations That Allow Whipples. I Think Primarily Boat Racing,sand Drags, And Some Bonneville Racers Could Use It. If It Is The Early One Where Injector Bolts To The Top They Usually Go Between 3500.00 To 4000.00 And That Would Be Snout,bag Blower And Starter Bracket. New Style With The Injector Off The Front With All The Listed Items Plus The Injector 4000.00 To 4500.00 Seems To Be The Typical Market. If Yours Is One Of The New Ones Contact Us As We Have A Customer Needing One Thanks Jr. 530-292-3368

3. sdpm

sdpm New Member

Thanks JR. It is the early style where the injector bolts on top. I am looking for a 1471 retro hi helix if you know someone looking to work a trade or has one for sale. The only reason that I am selling it is because we are only spinning it 29% over and it is lazy on the hit. I will call you tomorrow. Thanks Neil

4. It's Fixable...

It's Fixable... New Member

Whipples are OK for use in Europe as we don't have the same problems with recertification. Art Whipple bought his "Whipples" from a Swedish company called Opcon Autorotor and for European use only they can be recerted by Opcon. You might want to offer the blower on http://www.eurodragster.com/classifieds/default.asp

5. sdpm

sdpm New Member

Thank you. I will do that.

6. RBS

RBS Authorized Merchant

Whipple

Just Curious How Come You Don't Spin The Whipple Faster?

7. sdpm

sdpm New Member

It is in a Pro Mod boat and it is a 7.00 index.

8. Moreira

Moreira New Member

We ran a whipple on out fc and after the rule changes thought we had a paper weight. I did find a boat racer out of Az to buy the unit for $4000.00 plus bag and pullys.