Which is more expensive PDRA Pro boost or PDRA Pro Extreme?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Soldierboy0098, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Hi,

For those of you who have experience running both classes and are familiar with the budgets associated with each class which is more expensive PDRA Pro boost or PDRA Pro Extreme?

I have heard that Pro Boost is more expensive but I would think with the extra horse power and all of the lightweight chassis's of the Pro Extreme cars that they wouldn't have much life on the chassis and engine parts?

Any thoughts? Please first hand experience only.

Thanks guys, and thanks to Will for giving us a great place to learn
    Trevor Sherwood
    727-364-4368
    Soldierboy0098@yahoo.com

2. sean70ss

sean70ss Member

pdra

500k to 1.5 million to run with the big big boys......................lowest side not attending all the races 350k

3. Soldierboy0098

Pdra

Was that for pro boost or pro extreme?

4. blown1969camaro

pro boost vs pro extreme

call mel bush or tommy d , he has both . and both are very completive

anyone got a rope

5. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

Bob Rahim ran pro nitrous and he gave himself a million dollar budget and ran out! It all depends on how competive you wanna be. He was top qualifier all the time. I know of a top 10 Nhra car and he spends over 150k for that deal. Again he is ultra competive .

6. Soldierboy0098

Hi Chris,

I was going to but I can't find his number in my notes anymore

If anyone has Tommt D' Aprille's number please email, message, or text me

Thanks,
    Trevor Sherwood
    727-364-4368
    Soldierboy0098@yahoo.com

7. nitrowannabe

nitrowannabe Member

Tommy writes a column every month in Drag Illustrated. He signs off with tommyd@ dragillustrated.com if that is any help.

8. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

You can go broke with either car if you want too. You can be competitive in either class if you spend your money wisely and skip a few races. But to be first class it will run you around 1000.00 per pass, with all the incidental costs and maintainance on the motor. You can run some parts like slings to failure ., and maybe get away without killing the motor, but to run up front all that shit has to be cycled out on a regular basis . Pistons, rods, springs , valves, pushrods and crank. Oil and spark plugs cost too. But with a good tune up and good parts you can do it cheaper. End of the day..... It will cost everything you have if you let it. Budget and stick with it, pay that credit card off every month and for Gods sake., don't borrow money to race on. Shit... Seen to many dumbasses lose it all because of a fucking race car. Remember you can't eat or sleep with it LOl.

9. sean70ss

sean70ss Member

pdra

Great car, motor, tranny, spares, fuel, food, crew, u name it. Top tuner as well, especially with the turbo deal all fuel injected. Tires 2 different compounds for different tracks, extra stators, gear ratios, tools more money. I have seen I to many people go broke, guys change 8 holes out on every run that's $164.00 a piston do the math. 16 car field and have to run 3.60's-3.70s and there are 24 28 cars trying to get in. If you have a sponsor that is your best bet don't use your money just like vegas only take what your willing to loose.

10. Soldierboy0098

I realize they can be a never ending pit if you really want to go for the gold, just trying to figure out how much more they will cost over the dragster.

I haven't used my credit card even when I was broke so I'm good there...lol

Also, I was waiting for the new heads to get here so I could sleep with them...lol

Thanks,
    Trev

11. Soldierboy0098

Pdra

Got my answers,

Thanks for all of the help guys,

Trevor Sherwood