Which head and neck restraint does everyone like to use and why?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Soldierboy0098, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Which head and neck restraint does everyone like to use and why? Application is pro mod but may be used for dragster as well.

I was looking at the R3 units as my friends like them, I thought it was cool because it stays in the car velcrowed to the seat and I guess it clips in with the harness.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Trevor Sherwood
    727-364-4368

2. z28a

z28a Member

I really like the R3, as you said, its still in your seat in normal use and if youre in a more hurry situation you just unlock the seatbelt and go out and let it hang in the helmet on youre back, I dont youse the velcro to hold it in the seat, i have cut out material from the poor in seat for the R3 unit.

3. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman

4. Soldierboy0098

Confused

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the accident but glad to hear you are o.k.

I am a bit confused though, I thought the R3 and Hybrid X were 2 different units.

The R3 I think is mad by safety solutions and the Hybrid X is by Simpson I believe.

Have you had good dealings with Simpson? I must be honest, I am a bit hesitant to buy a head and neck restraint from them after that whole Impact thing but if everything has been going good since then I may do so.

Thanks,
    Trev

5. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman

Simpson bought out Safety Solutions. When I bought it, I got it from Safety Solutions. When I got it re-certed last year, it went to Simpson. I don't think there is an issue with their stuff, good as anyone else.

6. TOL

TOL Active Member

One important question to ask yourself. Only you can answer it to your satisfaction. Do you have any past spinal damage, and do you suffer from any spinal issues or debilitations? If the answer is YES is any of the cases, go with the R3 or variants thereof.

7. Soldierboy0098

Injuries

Lower back soft tissue injuries from a rocket attack only, out of curiosity what do the Hybrid's and such do if you have an injury?

Thanks,
    Trev

8. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

I really like my Hans. To me, I just feel better with it. I like the way that as you pull down the shoulder belts, it really makes you more solid in the car. It just feels more "right" to me
    Darren

9. TOL

TOL Active Member

The R3 imparts less axial loading to the spine. If you have had previous back injuries or surgery, you might want to talk to the safety manufacturers about your situation and get their thoughts. If you have a normal healthy spine, then either device works well.

10. badfast

badfast Member

I have the R3 that stays in the seat. I had it when I had the promod earlier this season and came out of a really nasty wreck without any neck pain or back pain.

No scratches on the helmet also. The only thing I wish I had done was the pour in seat as a hurt my tail bone really bad when the car finally came to rest.

After the wreck I was back in a dragster the following weekend. Definitely like my R3.

11. Soldierboy0098

Seat pad

Hi,

It sounds like its going to be the R3 for me, I am definitely doing a poured seat pad as I have a bar that partially runs through the lover back of the seat and I will be updating to custom ISP pads as it only has the little square back pad and normal roll bar padding the rest of the way around.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and glad to hear you are o.k.

Trev

12. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

Go get yourself a race tech seat and be done with it. I had a -4g impact and never even so much as had a headache or bruise. You guys can keep this carbon buckets , my next car will have another. There a touch heavy but I'll take that versus not waking or waking with pain for the rest of my life. Had a hans for what it's worth

13. Soldierboy0098

Seat

Those seats look very comfy but I am not sure they would fit in my car without a bit of work as it is fairly tight in there.

There is just a little carbon Kevlar bucket from the shoulders down to sit in, but there is room for the poured seat pad which should make it nice and tight.

I may call them and get some measurements though.

Thanks for the idea

Trev

14. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

It fits in the new 2015 corvette bodies. Danny Rowe has one in his car and I thought no way that could ever fit

15. TOL

TOL Active Member

I have a Racetech seat (new) for sale. Don't know if it will fit your application, but might be worth looking into. whome@look.ca