Where to get a hemi-to-glide adapter/mid plate?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Scouder, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Scouder

Scouder New Member

I currently have a TCI adapter, it's about .510 thick. I would buy another TCI but it seems everybody is out of stock right now. Is there somebody else that would have a have a hemi-to-glide adapter/mid plate?

-Scouder

2. blownapex

blownapex Member

adapter

ati has one
    coan has one

3. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

if I was you I would junk the adapt. deal and buy you a a mopar to glide bell housing and that way it all bolts up to your hemi...the studs will never hold they all will pull through....been there and done it:)..Dave..p.s. I just did mine today if you want send me a text and I will send you a pic back tomorrow..
    620-249-5909

4. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

adapter

I think the bell housing is cheaper anyway. That adapter is old school.Not sure but maybe that is why you are having a hard time finding one. Don

5. OwnBlock

OwnBlock Member

If your housing is one piece, you could counter sink from block side of plate, plug threads that are pulled, thread them 3/8 unc and install 2" x 3/8 unc countersunk cap screws.

The 2 bosses on the trans housing below the dowels require 2.5" ones which you will need to thread with a die to the base of the c/s.

I c/s cap screw in 3 places the adaptor plate onto my engine, as well as the external bolts and dowels, keeps it very firm.

6. Scouder

Scouder New Member

Yeah, this is a one piece Dedenbear unit, so I'm kinda stuck with the GM bell. I was able to talk to TCI directly yesterday and they got me one shipped out. When it gets here I'll evaluate the mounting system they have. I know the have a stud/bolt looking thing pressed in from the back for the tranny to bolt to, and countersunk holes for the block. If I can make it stronger I will.

Believe me, I would rather have a hemi bell on the glide.

-Scouder

7. vwsamba

vwsamba Member

i think its easy enough to have the chevy bell machined off and then bolt on JW hemi one or similar...

8. Scouder

Scouder New Member

I wondered about that. I'll look into it.

-Scouder

9. secondwindracing

just cut a deadenbear case to put a hemi bell on it it looks cool..put it in my mill to finish it up sawzaw it first the mill it..dave

10. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

Dave, Whatevers left will probably lose its cert.....

FWIW, I use an S &W 1/2" adapter plate, and get it in a 2x2 blank and cut to profile your existing motor plate if you're running a center steer car. I'm in the same boat as Scouder as I run a Bruno and he only makes it in GM pattern.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  11. Kenneth S

Kenneth S Member

Sell the Dedenbear, and get the bell housing, and case from JW, problem solved.

12. secondwindracing

the new bell is SFI and I use a 2 speed lenco blanket on the trans body..Dave

13. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

Well thats always an option but it sounds like he might actually want to use the pieces he already has.

Dave, that probably works fine on a rear engine car but some of us altered guys don't always have that much foot room. I sometimes get tangled up in my blanket even with a lenco, a glide is even less room, so if you can keep the 4.1 rating on the case without having to add anything else is a good thing.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  14. Scouder

Scouder New Member

I'm running out of time to get the ol' girl up and running for our first race, so I will go ahead and run the new adapter for now, and watch it to see if it looks like it's getting unhappy. If it does, I'll switch to another setup. I like the idea of just switching the guts to another case.

-Scouder

15. secondwindracing

ronnie..very true.also remember.we point and go...you point and drive it:)..take care Dave