When is a PM appropriate?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Bottlefed, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Bottlefed

Bottlefed New to Blowers

Just an opinion, I have been seeing more and more recently where someone posts a generic question and someone else will reply "PM sent" " Check your PMs" etc.

I know there are times when people may not be comfortable sharing some information with everyone on the bulletin board and other times that someone may not be comfortable posting information knowing that someone else will probably disagree with what they have posted.

With all this in mind it still ( in my opinion ) takes away from the functionality of the bulletin board, if the only information I had ever learned on a bulletin board was restricted to what I had posted and received pms on I feel I would know a lot less than the little bit I know now.

The information I have been able to gain on this board as well as others before it from the likes of #1 Will Hanna, Mike Canter, Noel Manton, Patrick Budd, Steve Johnson, etc has been a big part of my education and saved me a lot of money at the track. So all I am saying here is whenever possible please post the information on the board so all can benefit from your knowlege not just the guy who has the problem today.

Richard Gavle

2. craig moss

craig moss Member

I bet most of the time the pms are a phone number it is hard to explain some things typing( A LOT EASIER ON THE PHONE just my guess )

3. RUGSTER

RUGSTER New Member

Pm's

Richard,
    I see where your coming from, but like Craig posted, a lot of the time the PM's will be for a Ph.number request to chat, as sometimes an explanation can take a whole lot of typing.
    I for one can honestly say i only PM for either shipping costs (if it's a classified purchase) or to find out info regarding an item, to save unwanted posts on the board.
    I've only been a member here for a short time,but a lot of the information posted on here cannot be bought!:D It comes with experience!! Like you said, between Will, Mike,Noel and the others you mentioned i am constantly amazed by the feedback on some issues:eek:
    The help is indeed appreciated guys:D
    A lot of other Motorsports are very "Hush-hush" on most area's, but not on here!!
    Guess that's why Drag Racing in general benefit's from the all stuff posted on this site.
    Thanks Will, YOU-DA-MAN!!!!
    Jason.

4. JRB

JRB Guest

Usually a phone call is what comes of a PM or E mail.

Makes things easier to explain. Pretty much the only way to go if guys have questions or other thoughts.