Wheelie bars

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by HensonRacing, Feb 6, 2012.

1. HensonRacing

HensonRacing Member

Single wheel vs. dual wheel, pro's and con's ?

2. HensonRacing

HensonRacing Member

Sorry probably not enough info,it is a 2800 lb door car, 4-link rear, strut front end, full chromoly chassis car, 14-71 blown bbc with a glide.1.80 first gear, 4.29 rear gear. 102" wheelbase.

3. WANNABE

WANNABE New Member

Four link cars don't work well with single bars.
    Most of the swing arm stuff, and solid mount outlaw door car stuff works with the single.
    Duals take a bit more time to set up, but have way more control of tire spin, tire squat and chassis movement.
    But then, that is me talking, and I am a funny car guy.

4. HensonRacing

HensonRacing Member

Dangit! I just bought one.

5. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

Single ones work very well. They weight much less and don't have to be as long as dual bars. Just add rear steer for a single bar if you have your dual bars staggered . All px cars run a single titanium bar that is about 70-80 inches long. .880 60fts don't lie.

6. jim@victoryracecars

.880 60 ft.?

7. jay70cuda

All the super fast pro extreme cars go around .890-.900 60fts. Joey Martin Brandon snider Frankie Taylor Todd tut have all been averaging that fast All last year. Simply amazing in a suspension car.

8. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

Not that amazing.. Suspension actually helps regulate the weight transfer to the rear better than we can ever dream on a rigid TAFC. We have to spin the tire out from under it to drop the rear, pick the front end up a hair and depend on chassis flex to gain leverage on the tire. That's why a 1500 hp, 2350lbs pro stock car can hit .950-.960 range.

9. HensonRacing

HensonRacing Member

So, some say yes and some say no, if my car did a .9 anything I would probably crap in my pants. but I have it coming at a price way better than new, so I will give the single wheel a try.

10. TOL

TOL Active Member

Funny you should state this. I tend to agree in the case of a good single together with a good suspension & chassis.

I'm a wee bit confused why 70-80 would be better than say 100-112 inches in a single?

Is this because many PX cars run their rear setups almost as stiff as a solid funny car?

Or ?......

11. WANNABE

WANNABE New Member

I don't know too many of the ADRL guys, but the ones I do have absolutely NO travel. As stiff as a top alcohol deal.
    But for your set up, I say give it a try. You may need it to be adjustable, as it may not want to be dead center, but go for it. Save some money and try it, what is the worst that can happen?

12. HensonRacing

HensonRacing Member

worst that can happen? I dont wanna hit the damn wall again !

13. jay70cuda

I think you'll be just fine. Any nhra pm has a centered single bar. The offset ones I've never seen but if you can make 15 passes over 3 days and worst 60 ft was .971. I'd say you have nothing to worry about. Go for it. Just take your other bars for a security blanket .