Wheel Speed?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Revolut10N, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Revolut10N

Revolut10N Kardiac Kids Racing

We just got back from a rather uneventful weekend in Tulsa, and ran average low 5.90's in the bad air (+3000ft.alt). 5.92 @ 242mph w. 1.066sec 60ft.
    We have chased 60 ft. times all season and have tried everything from wheelie bar height, fuel + timing combinations, and have taken out a bunch of base and still can not seem to keep the car from unloading or spinning the tires through first gear!
    We run 34.5in Hoosiers w. liners and usually get around 12 runs a set. We run conservative first gear ratio (1.75) that consistantly gets us down any race track. Our car still runs 5.70's with 1.02, 1.03 60ft. times and just seems like we are wasting runs when we know the car is capable of running in the 60's. After talking to many different ppl on the subject I ask this question...what is a rough baseline comparison for Drive Shaft RPM @ the hit (first initial DSPRM reading), @ .25 seconds, and @ .50 seconds?

2. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

Thats the only part of the track we have figured out. I'll give you are tune-up to 330 and you give me your tune-up from 330 to 1320 and we BOTH will have 5.50 cars!

3. Revolut10N

Revolut10N Kardiac Kids Racing

As of right now let's consider it a deal. The only problem I have is if you give us the tune up for the first 1/4 of the race track it doesn't seem fair for us to give you the tune up for the remaining 3/4's!...lol...the math just doesn't work.

You guys have helped us alot over the years, so we are more than willing to help you guys out. Heres the preposition... one case of Canadian Beer for each .01th of a second we go under 1.00sec to 60ft. (.960 = 4 cases of Beer). That sounds like incentive!

In all seriousness, I've looked at the graphs and just need some comparison, bc I know we have to much wheel speed coming out, I just want to know by how much. Or if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks once again Tim

4. AFC357

AFC357 New Member