what's going on with FU ??

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by PM 3570, Aug 18, 2010.

1. PM 3570

PM 3570 New Member

I bought ( and paid ) plates and floaters from Friction Unlimited
    i never recieved any, and now nobody to answer the phone ?? :mad:

2. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

I have heard from several sources and other clutch manufacturers FU owed money to, and FU has had it's doors closed. The outstanding debts they could find records of were contacted by a legal/accounting firm to settle the debts. I first heard about it around two weeks ago.

If I hear anything about who to contact if you had bought and paid while never receiving product or being refunded your money, I will post.

3. BlownAlkyMopar

Friction Unlimited

I think i know those guys. are they in mooresville nc? the owners name is bob? if it is they share the same building with kb racing pro stock team.(greg anderson) i live about 4 miles from them, ill do a drive by and see whats up tomorrow

4. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

Fu

Location is very interesting if you think about it. Oh, buy the way just call Nick or Rob @ Boninfante's. for your clutch disks + floaters. they are in Eastern Pa. Don

5. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

They were in the same complex. Ken Black *was* a partner in FU.

6. Leon Phelps

Leon Phelps New Member

What a guy

This guy is a con artist, he worked at Raybestos then at Ace, suposidly he was persuid by both leagally. He then somehow got his own deal going and the word is he lied to and ripped off everyone, his customers, his vendors, and his backer!
    What a guy!
    So let's do a break down! Go to work for a company steal thier secret's, go to work for a company that compeats with them and steal thier secret's, con a good guy into putting you in bussiness so you can persue your dream, burn everyone you come in contact with including the customers that supported you and then finally the guy who backed you!
    WHAT A GUY!
    My feelings stick with the industry standard Bonifante or Crower! Don't take a chance they been doin this for ever and they put thier name on it!

7. Leon Phelps

Leon Phelps New Member

Just heard

I just heard today that the guys in Philly bought the FU equiptment and
    thier disc recipies!
    Ya heard it first hear first!
    Now if you liked the FU disc you will actually be able to get them when you pay guys!

8. rb0804

rb0804 Active Member

So does this mean that nicky has the 'recipe' and is going to add these discs to his already steller line up?

9. ansleev

ansleev Member

check your credit cards

right before he folded the doors he went back and charged credit cards he had on file for duplicate orders that were never ordered or received.check your credit cards i know of at least 6 people this happened to. its a shame because we always had great success out of bobs discs

10. PM 3570

PM 3570 New Member

"guys in Philly"
    and who are that ?

11. Kenneth S

Kenneth S Member

Boninfante Performance Clutch Parts Acquires Friction Unlimited

YEADON, Pa. (September 10, 2010) -- Nick Boninfante, owner and president of Boninfante Performance Clutch Parts announced today that his company has purchased substantially all of the machinery, equipment and inventory of Friction Unlimited.
    Boninfante is the industry leader in high-performance racing clutches for not only the drag racing industry but also tractor pullers, and many other forms of motorsports.
    “This is a big step forward for the future of Boninfante Clutches,” said Boninfante. “The assets we got in the deal will allow us to keep up with the ever-increasing demand for our products. The specialized machinery we acquired will allow us to expand and better service our customers with the same quality parts racers have known to expect from our company.”
    “I also want to let all the customers of Friction Unlimited know we will be able to get them the parts they need without any delay in the process,” Boninfante added. “Our goal is to be able to seamlessly integrate each company’s product lines and provide the racers with custom made parts made to their specifications.”
    For more information please visit: www.boninfanteracing.com

12. Leon Phelps

Leon Phelps New Member

Boninfante of coarse
    the "First family of friction"
    notice how they dominate thier industy with an iron fist...
    keep it up guys America needs more people like you maybe we would not have such a huge national deficit.