What type of wheels

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by FMFC573, Apr 29, 2010.

1. FMFC573

FMFC573 Member

I was wondering what type of wheels people are using with the hoosier tube liner set up? In checking I have found a weld wheel that is called a liner wheel with knurling where the bead meets the wheel is this the recomened wheel to use and who has the best price on them?:rolleyes:

2. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

BEWARE of the Weld! I bought a NEW set a couple years ago that DID NOT work worth a s@#t! Weld said Hoosier was having problems with the liner, Hoosier says the wheels were not being made "consistently". So after spending big $$ to cave rotating weight, I had to put tubes in them to prevent equalizing.:mad: Bought some new Americans last year that worked GREAT! Didn't even loose air when sitting for a couple weeks and tubless!;)

3. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

I also have 2 sets of these liner wheels from weld
    1 setwe use to haul the car around on never looses air
    another set we use to run the car with
    maybe we just got 2 pair that are very good

4. underby6

underby6 Active Member

I run the Weld 15.3 "liner wheel", absolutely no problems with them and we have two pairs (1 new last year 1 this year). We run the tubeless liner as well and again no problems, just change the tubeless liners after 3-4 sets of tires have gone on the rims. I smacked the wall HARD with a new set at Indy last year and they held up, scuffed one up a bit, but center and everything held up perfect. I'd recommend the 15.3 because of the thick center. Marty Thacker has the best deal on Welds by far.

Brandon Booher
    NHRA TAD #35