What Trans For Screwed Hemi

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Shakedown, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Shakedown

Shakedown Jr. Dragster

Really wanting to try a Shorty Glide Behind The Hemi. What do yall think I have a Bruno w/CS1 but need to move the motor back further..

2. Shakedown

Shakedown Jr. Dragster

Trans

Come On Guys 143 views and no comments. :confused:

3. PAUL FISHBURN

PAUL FISHBURN Member

I am don't know that much about the bruno trans. But, IT seems that all the high horsepower cars today seem to use the lencoglide. It has been able to stand the stress better from what i have been told. Paul fishburn

4. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

Thats a little bit of an "apples to oranges" comparison. The Lencodrive is a stand-alone 2-sp in its basic config while the Bruno is a converter unit only. The 2- Lencodrive is approx. the same length as a full length P-glide, while in a 3-speed config, its around 33" total length with bell. My Bruno with a 3-speed CS-2 is within an inch or so of a stock length PG, if I ran 1 Lenco unit, it would be close to the length of a shorty P-glide. Guess the questions are, do you need 2 or 3 speed, if 2, what first gear ratio do you need, is your present CS-1 a 3-speed and does either unit have that ratio that you need? If your tranny is a 2-speed, the Bruno will give you a shorter overall length than the Lenco, and maybe even a shorty glide, not sure though. As far as strength, I think the Bruno is every bit as strong as the Lencodrive, the Lenco uses CS-2 clutches and planetaries, so if you coupled a CS-1 to a Bruno, it seems like it would actually be a bit stronger. As far as a P-glide, I know there a lot of them out there that seem to hold up behind a lot of power, I just personally never got comfortable with one in my car. One other thing, I had a bad experience when I was running the PG shorty. Had to use a 32" 1 3/8th driveshaft, more than likely this was a fluke but the first time I had it on the track, first burnout, the shaft jump-roped enough to put the shiney on a 3" tube, which was directly under my tailbone, which at 6800 I figure hit the inside of that tube 68 times in the one second it took me to realize I needed to get out of the pedal. Like I said, it may have been a fluke, but I put a long tailshaft on the tranny rather than trying another long driveshaft. Just something to consider if you go the shorty route.

5. moparchris440

moparchris440 Member

2 speed rossler turbo glide

6. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

You might contact Mikes Transmissions, he runs one of his monster-glides behind his blown hemi.

Blessings.........Ron Clevenger.

7. Bottlefed

Bottlefed New to Blowers

I would look at a Coan XST or one of the other glides with the 1.25 input shaft.

The Rossler turboglide is a neat deal with the 1.40-1.57 first gear but since it is based on the turbo 400 I think you will find it is not 18" long like the XST or equivalent glide (although I could be wrong)

8. T/D Screw

T/D Screw New Member

I have a Hemi with a screw, I put a Coan XST shorty in it and have had no problems at all, 6.16 in the 230,s mph