What size master cylinder

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by ken_tli, Dec 5, 2013.

1. ken_tli

ken_tli Member

I was wondering if I need to replace the Master Cylinder on my blown FED. The original owner installed a tandem cylinder and has it plumbed so each wheel has its own feed. I believe this is the wrong way to do it, shouldn't it be plumbed so there is one feed line into a tee? I was also wondering if I could just plug one of the outlets and then plumb it into the tee, or should I buy the right maser cylinder.If I do need a new one, Can some one please advise me as to what size bore I should use. Any and all help is appreciated, Thanks

2. Comax Racing

Comax Racing Member

It depends on you calipers but I imagine you are running 2-4 piston calipers in the rear. I would say a 7/8" bore should be correct.
    And yes, run a tee. If one chamber of the master is failing and you have it run with one caliper to each, no better way to hit the wall than that.

The 7/8" bore masters only have 1 outlet I believe so its a simple deal.

Corey

3. OwnBlock

OwnBlock Member

stay set up the way you are, you likely may wreck your car, along with your opponent, not to mention physically and emotionally hurting lots of people, Im surprised the tech didn't spot it?

1. If staying with your twin unit, Tee so both chambers run to both wheels. DONT plug one of the chambers.

2. Fit another set of calipers, 1 line to the front pair and the other chamber to the rear pair.

3. Buy a Short CNC master cylinder with stainless steel sleeve with easy fill cover. part number: CNC 702- 7/8 1458

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013