What one fan is doing to support Alcohol Racing

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Billy Anderson, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Billy Anderson

Billy Anderson New Member

I am a HUGE fan of the Alcohol classes - I enjoy them even more than the Nitro classes actually.

I am from New York City. I want to support the tracks that support the Alcohol classes. Therefore, I am planning to attend:
    Division One Cecil County Dragway Saturday eliminations (first time ever trip to this track)
    Division One LVD Fri Qualifying and Saturday eliminations (first time back at this event since 2004)

In addition to these other events that feature Top Alcohol racing:
    Division One New England Dragway Friday qualifying and Saturday eliminations
    NHRA Auto Plus Nationals - Maple Grove Raceway

I have a personal conflict with the Maple Grove Raceway divisional, and cannt attend, but will attend the track's ADRL event to help support the track.

Under normal circumstances, I would boycott the Englishtown National event due to the dropping of the Alcohol classes, but unfortunately it is an annual family vacation going back almost 30 years of attendance, and so therefore I will be attending that event.

I look forward to the spectator levels of membership for the Pro Sportsman Association.

thank you,
    Billy Anderson

2. youngtuner

youngtuner Member

Thanks for your support Billy have heard several other fans plan to boycott the etown race. Please come by and say hi at any of the events.
    Jonathan Pickett
    Pickett Racing TAD

3. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

Good on you Billy. I don't think it's Englishtown's fault as it's NHRA that is making those types of decisions. :D

4. The Zone

The Zone Member

Actually Rich it is more the track decision if they want the Alky cars at their events.

Dean