What is WRONG with people??????

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by fdlock890, Aug 2, 2010.

1. fdlock890

fdlock890 Member

Sorry, but this is going to be a vent post... So here it goes.... I advertised to purchase a "low profile PSI injection hat" and I get a few responces. I pick the hat that seems to be in the best condition, and the owner and I come to an agreement on the price and shipping. I ship the guy the money asap, and then the day comes that I receive the hat. Low and behold it is a standard hat, not the low profile hat that I "thought" I had purchased. OK, no big deal. I e-mail the guy back, and say hey no big deal, it is the wrong hat, just refund my money and I will ship the hat back and I will keep looking. Here is his responce "Ok???? I spent the money and now you want your money back? Cant you just sell it your self? I do not have the money to return to you". REALLY???? I am just dissapointed in people today. Thanks for letting me vent.

Lock

2. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

you are thaking it much better than I would...I sell blower spray gel to 90% of all teams top fuel and top alcohol and the first time buyer must send the money first, the reason is I have 5 dead beat bill hanging on my board at the office..Iam with you!!!!!! good luck dave

3. fdlock890

fdlock890 Member

Thanks Dave, yea it is pretty frustrating. I would never consider doing this to someone, but people don't always have very good morals or values.

4. JP

JP Member

i understand that Will runs a very tight and respectfull ship here , but in this type of deals I wish we could get a name so next time this ... needs to sell something we would know who we are dealing with..

5. whosyrdady

whosyrdady Super Comp

Best online transaction

Ive often pondered on this very subject. What is the best way to do a transaction when both parties dont know each other? If the buyer sends money for a part and gets wrong or no part he gets the short end. On the other hand if the seller sends part and the buyer doesnt like part or doesnt pay he gets the short end. This is the day in age we live in when so much is done online. I wish more people would get paypal accounts. Paypal would give buyer and seller protection. There is a small fee but that most likely could be negotiated into the deal. Just wondering how the best deal is made. Thanks Kevin Newburgh

6. secondwindracing

kevin you have a great idea with pay-pal
    if i'm going to buy something and I don't know the person I will call a few raing buddies that are close to that seller and find out his history...Dave

7. fdlock890

fdlock890 Member

That would have helped me with this situation. I am just dissapointed with how little people actually take responsibility these days. It also makes me laugh how this guy blamed me in a later e-mail.

Lock

8. Kramer Metal Fab Inc.

Rating sellers

I think it has been talked about before, but could we have a buyer/seller, rating/feedback forum on this site?

9. secondwindracing

set it up like ebay were you can leave feed back...Dave

10. pete9857

pete9857 Member

part

A picture of said part would be helpful. I get one everytime to aviod confusion. Buying and selling. I don't want to get slammed on here for a mis-understanding.

Glenn

11. Chad Pickens

Chad Pickens New Member

Paypal is the only way I do business on the internet. Too many problems other wise. I wanted to buy a 8147 box the other day and the guy wanted a check or postal money order first.Im sure he was a good guy but Ive been burned too many times and i made myself a rule no paypal no deal. It sucks to have to be that way.

12. fdlock890

fdlock890 Member

Yea it does suck to have to be so overly cautious, but with the way people are today who can blame you. That would have been a good idea. Lucky for me the hat is already sold for what I paid for it. I guess I am one of the lucky ones with this deal. Thanks for your input guys.

Lock

13. BLOWN INCOME

No,no paypal

For everbody your info so far is wrong !!!!!
    Paypal does not guarantee you get what you ordered !!!!!!
    Last week when i called them they told me : "After the shipper showed proof of shipping,they are out of it,and i would have to go my (my pay -pal account),visa bank account people and have them take further steps.."
    RECEIVED one cracked and spun main bryant crank..........

Santo

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  14. nitrodee

nitrodee New Member

Being on the other side of the world ,means I have to place a lot of trust in people.I've even sent 4K to an unknown person for pro mags based on trust.Recently bought something advertised as complete but was incomplete when arrived.Wore the extra cost of around 300 bucks to get it up to complete by the manufacturer. Wasn't worth making a mountain out of it.If you trust paypal google" paypal sucks".As a previous post said its not all peaches and cream.
    you can always ask around people in the industry for personal references.After all its a small racing world and anyone who has been in the game for a while will be known good or bad.

15. altered1

altered1 Member

Sorry to hear that, low life people, When ever I sale anything I ALWAYS wait till the deal is done and the receiver has got what I sent and is happy with what I sent, then I spend the money on more stuff.

16. skauto

skauto Member

If some one expects you to pay in full for a part before its shipped he is asking you to trust him 100% so why not pay 50% receive the part and when it shows up to be what was advertised then you ship the other 50% now you both have to trust each other 100% and the shipper becomes more honest knowing he might loose out on the rest of the payment if it is not what was advertised. Doing business this way sure brings the honest people out in a hurry. Yes it opens the opportunity to lose 50% to the same @#$%@ that doesn't ship the right part or any part at all after being sent 100% of the money, but us honest guys know we would pay the other half if we got what we were paying for or at least have it show up.

Just my 2 cents

17. tafc10

tafc10 New Member

I'm going through the same thing now, purchased two Shorty Glides from two different guys, one has turned up in LA at the shippers, the other has not, My container leaves in a week and now I can't get a hold of the guy for shipping details etc.

Naturally being in Australia I was expected to pay up front and did so.

The money is one thing but also the time to now source another unit and ship it is a pain in the arse.

I will say I have had heaps of great experiences buying from the US, and on EBAY, Racing Junk and here.

Life goes on but it does piss you off.
    CYA
    Geoff

18. vwsamba

vwsamba Member

I will second this. Paypal is great in theory until you actually need to make a claim then like most big corps they are pretty hopeless. In the end it all comes down to personal trust. Get the guy on the phone and chat for a while and see if you feel comfortable. I got stiffed by some fairly reputable people so that is no guarantee either..:rolleyes:

19. tafc10

tafc10 New Member

And to show the Drag racing family is cool, my Trans guy finally got back to me and the Trans is being delivered Monday.
    Cool and thanks
    Geoff

20. nitrodee

nitrodee New Member

Geoff,good to hear.Its not a good feeling when you cant get hold of people for a few days when you have paid up front.Glad it turned out ok.