what happened to Darlington Div race...

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by The Zone, Sep 17, 2004.

1. The Zone

The Zone Member

Why did it get changed to Gainesville. Weather problems or did they change sanctioning. What did I miss.

Dean

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

i think its a case of all the above dean. i've heard the rumor for a while that darlington is going to the ihra fold next year, and has wanted out of the divisional. i think what this does is clear a reschedule spot for reading. racing at gainesville 3 times this year is not a bad thing, but i do realize it may put more of a travel/scheduling strain on some teams further north.

3. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

and people wander why div.2 can't get f/c's. i live in va., so why should i go to divisionals 12 to 14 hours from home even though i live in div. 2

4. David Smith

David Smith Member

Bruce awesome run yesterday for your team hope to see ya back in reading next month.

5. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Zoned out and Will, rather than start yet another unsubstantiated rumor, why don't you both investigate the facts. The facts are that neither sanctioning body will sanction a drag strip that allows its track insurance to lapse without renewing it.

6. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

thanks david. hopefully you got a picture . also thanks for the awards you give out and pics you take. i will definatly be back in 3 weeks

7. G.Reichert

G.Reichert New Member

Colins told us Thursday that Darlington race was being moved because of repairs that werent done and supposed to have been. One was the bump in the left lane that got worst over the winter and there was guard rail issues also.

8. The Zone

The Zone Member

Smokey, yer back to your dip s... self I see. I asked a question that I though would be answered. That is why I asked it. I did not insinuate anything, I speculated on two of the possible reasons for them changing locations.
    Go back in your hole :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dean

9. LEN COTTRELL

LEN COTTRELL Member

It may also have something to do with the fact that the previous owners, Carlton Phillips and Johnny Rocca, sold the track a few months ago.
    Len