What ever happen to the Hool brothers???

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Darren Smith, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Used to run the Ghost Alky FC???? Sell out?

2. Ed Arcuri

Ed Arcuri Member

I'd like to know, as well.
    I saw them run some time ago with the Casper's Ghost car - at Bandimere, I believe.
    Would be good to see them out there again.
    Cheers,
    Ed
    Rocky Mountain Superchargers

3. Ghost - Kevin

Ghost - Kevin Member

Still here

We are still here and ready to get at it in 2010. We will dedicate the 2010 season to our mom who we lost in May to cancer. Thanks to all who sent cards and emails. She loved being at the track around everyone.

We retired our old car. After 25 years of racing all over the nation it was time to give him a rest. Between Gwynn, Bolin?, Stidham, Morrison, and us, that car has a few stories to tell.

Almost done with our new car and hope to be testing in Las Vegas in Feb. If we can get out of here in Feb. :)

Thank you to Mike Robeck, the Chassis, Body, and all componets are perfect!

We will start with our old BAE 2 combination just to get Kris a few laps. But we are getting the new engine program (BAE 8) ready to go.

I have many updates ready for our new website and should get them up soon that shows more of what we've been up to. Our new shops will allow us to build and test almost everything in house.

Our Gripper Hand Cleaner line has 4 new products that should be out soon as well. Thank you to all that have supported us, and we hope to have product out soon.

www.coolraceshops.com

Thank you again to everyone and we'll see you at the track soon.

Kevin Hool

4. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Kevin

Thanks for checking in and filling us in on what you guys are up to. I met Kris about 6-7 years ago at Vegas and had a few minutes to chat with him. Great guy. Looking foward to seeing you guys out there next year.

5. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Kevin, good to see you guys will be back in the Fold. Just curious...how old is the Brad 2 Motor?? 89-90?

6. Ghost - Kevin

Ghost - Kevin Member

Frankie...good to hear from you. We will be headed to the sunshine before ya know it. Looking forward to it already. 3rd snow of the year already...

Darren....I have 3 sets of those heads. They must be from the early 90's (maybe 89-91) I would guess? One set came with the car when we bought it from Charley. I'm not sure if they came with the car when he bought it from Stidham. Stidham was making the switch to WAR about that time I think.

The other 2 sets I got from John Mitchell (Montana Express fame). It's funny, one set he and his sons came over and bolted on the car in Brainerd MN. We were qualified pretty good but We had blown a wire out and the groove was beat up too bad to get another wire in there. We were going to head for home.

Kris walked around the front of the trailer and said, "hey, do you know there are 3 guys working on the car"? There they were bolting a set of heads on the car. I think Larry Dixon was even there. They were fast! It would have taken me an hour (or more) to do what those guys did in 10 minutes.

There was John with that big ole grin of his. I said, "John I can't afford this". He just said, " you can pay me when you get home". I think we even ended up with a 3rd member of his for the 2nd round (yes we won first round). And we stole a set of slicks from Vern for the Semi's. By the end of the weekend we had more of other racers parts on the car than our own. :D

Those were fun days!...and when we toured in 04 those were the same heads. Most fun we've ever had! Car didn't hurt a thing with all that old stuff. ...and a lot of interest in that old combo when we started zipping through there at 251+

Kevin

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  7. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

I think the first time I ever saw your car run was at Denver for the D-5 race around '97? Car was Refrigerator White!

8. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

I can remember when I was talking to Kris ( and maybe you Kevin ) comparing notes on the clutch and bellhousing you guys had in the car and what I had to play with in John Pattons car. I think Kris said you guys had an old RAM or Hays clutch in the car and a old Lakewood steel bellhousing. I guess it doesnt always take trick of the week stuff to run good :)

9. David Smith

David Smith Member

Great to hear you guys are coming back. Your were not kidding me the last time I saw you guys that you would not be back for a while !