What cyl head to replace Dart 360 on BBC?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Brianw64, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Brianw64

Brianw64 New Member

Have a 14-71 HH with o-ringed copper gaskets with receiver groove. Deck is moving around on an older pair of Dart 360 heads.
    We run water, and rockers and valves are basically new so would like to salvage all we can out of the old set. What head would be best with minimal parts change?

2. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

I am not sure what o-ringed gaskets are but do you have o-rings installed in the head? If not, you should have the grooves cut in the heads and install o-rings in the heads. Might solve all your problems with minimal parts.

3. Brianw64

Brianw64 New Member

Yes have SS wire in block with receiver groove in head. Running copper gaskets. Pretty straight forward deal. But old soft heads will no longer hold gasket. Tune is good, heads are problem. Should really be running a solid head on this deal but we run it for long periods of time in a mega truck so water cooled is a must.

4. TAFC 5 81

TAFC 5 81 Member

3/8" head studs? If so 1/2" could help.

5. Scotttrod

Scotttrod Member

On my last BBC before going Hemi, I ran these with water and SSI 14/71 HH.
    https://www.profilerperformance.com/174X-bbc-24-degree-heads.html

O-ring, copper, 45lbs boost with the "360" valvetrain parts. They flowed great, had to add a fair amount of fuel.
    That combo was fast and very dependable, it is still running today in the "Heavy Hitter" monster truck. I wish I had never made the switch, things went from fun to work with the Hemi