What cover for Monte Carlo body?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Randy G., Jun 5, 2008.

1. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Hey:

What is a good waterproof car cover that will fit a Monte Carlo body? Last time we ran Seattle I needed a 52' long cover for my trailer because it rained all weekend. We got caught in the staging lanes with the FC and I don't want it to happen again.

Thanks in advance,

RG

2. Gary Mangiafico

Car Covers

Call

Karen Dawson at DRAGTARP.

www.dragtarp.com

makes an excellent cover.

Gary Mangiafico

3. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

Rain in Seattle????? That's only at national events. The divisional race is always nice and sunny, no need for car covers!:rolleyes:

4. JBJ

JBJ Member

Randy

You made the day last weekend for a lot of Jr racers with your car at Barona. Sounded and looked good. My boy has always liked your team as you paid him ten dollars to wax your car at Sonoma a couple years ago when Pete was driving, and he will never forget it. You my friend are a class act.

JBJ
    Team Bar's Leak/Rislone

5. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

JBJ:

Thanks for the kind words!

Since we just got John Lombardo, Jr licensed in TA/FC a couple weeks ago I wanted to give him some additional seat time before we head up to Seattle for the division 6 race. We were scheduled to run Las Vegas Saturday, but in a last minute phone call to Misty at LV we learned the test session was cancelled.

I immediately called Barona. They were nice enough to allow us to come and make 3 runs on Saturday with the Jr Dragster racers. I wanted John to practice his starting line procedures and clutch/throttle foot swap. The 1/8th mile facility worked out great for us.

We knew the shut down area at Barona was a little too short for cars capable of going over 200 miles per hour in the 1/8th mile. I discussed this with John, and our plan was for him to run it out in low gear to about 1.5 to 2 seconds and then just shut it off. But there was some concern by a few folks there who thought we might not be aware of it. So when John Jr was backing up from his first burnout, Mike Rice ran over to me and yelled "He knows to shut it off, RIGHT???":eek: YES SIR!!!:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  6. mark6052

mark6052 Member

we will remember you said that in acouple of weeks;)