what a race...

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by O.J.D., Sep 29, 2006.

1. O.J.D.

O.J.D. New Member

In top alcohol dragster, div. 7 will come down to Vegas. That is if none of the contenders go to Noble, Renolds, or Atco, which is doubtful due to the distance. (but maybe noble)

In funny car, Gordon and Weaver are tied at 341 each. Weaver is done and can't get any more points. If gordon can get to the finals, he gains another 21 to win the division. In a tie I believe the winner goes to the driver with the most 'in division' points, which is Gordon. ...congradulations Doug!!!

Dragsters are another story. O'Bannon and Demke tied for first with 320 each, Shields close at 299, 1 round back. If you look on NHRA.com, you would see Demke at 299. This is due to the results from Fallon are not final, therefor not posted. Demke and Federlin will race the finals in the 3rd round of qualifying in Vegas. btw...Congradulations to Steve for clinching div. 6!!! If Demke wins this race, he puls into the points lead by 1 round, 21 points. This would force O'Bannon to win in Vegas to win the division on points, if he is runner-up, division win from 'in division' points. Must win for Demke in the 'make up' race... If Shields wins Vegas and O'Bannon does not make the finals, he wins div. 7. Demke can not gain any points from the Vegas event. Any tie in points, the div. goes to O'Bannon. If he goes out early and both Shields and Demke win their races, the tie goes to Demke for the div.

This is what racing is all about, coming down to the wire...

lets just hope a blower belt breaking does not effect the outcome, or maybe I shouldn't even open that can of worms...

congrats to Reichert and Manzo on their national wins!!!
    (I know is not clinched, but your not going to catch him alky racer, he just ran a .22 in PA.)

2. alky racer

alky racer New Member

Run this by me one more time. If O'Bannon runner ups at vegas he would pick up 22 points which would put him at the same number of points as Demke if Demke won the finish of the Fallon race. If O'Bannon goes on to win Vegas its over any way you look at it. If no one improves at Vegas I think that between Chris and Sean, Sean holds all the tie breakers. I must of missed all the math but with Reichrt loosing today O'Bannon still could win the title no likely but numbers are numbers and the math says he could still move around by two points.

3. Blown Chances

Blown Chances New Member

Rumors

I got dizzy just reading that.

I heard a rumor that Chris Demke won't be driving in Vegas as they found a replacement at the Fallon Divisional. Heard that the new driver was extremely lightweight. The new driver was seen practicing with some of that high tech video equipment that Demke's been using. Chris, any clearification on the subject, maybe a picture of the new pilot.

Cody "The Flash" Perkins

4. alky racer

alky racer New Member

Cody just a question is the new driver kind of tan and likes a certin type of fruit. If he does I think I might have seen him in their pit.

5. Blown Chances

Blown Chances New Member

alky,

I think you're on the right track. But I don't feel it's my right to release all the info. It's the decision of the Pen Write team.

Flash

6. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Ok who let the Bars Leak/Rislone monkey out of Bills cockpit. Oh wait thats right you are talking about another monkey. A species that hails out of Californina, my bad. I think the species is called Shortis Peen Riteis Driveris :D Otherwise known as Chris "Trained Monkey" Demke :D

7. Chris Demke

Chris Demke Super Comp

The monkey is out of the bag...

We were trying to keep it a secret until the press release at Las Vegas, but I guess it is too late. Yes, I have been replaced as driver of the Peen Rite dragster. Here is video of our introduction...

New Driver

Chris