What a bunch of CRAP!!

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Frankie, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

I am going to assume the obvious that we are adults here and responsible for our own words and actions on this website.

Well apparently that isnt the case. I recently repsonded to a thread in the tech section involving a question about Hoosier tires. Here is the original question.....

I was wondering what the latest opinions are on the characteristics for Hoosiers on a TAFC. What's the preferred compound..how do they perform during a run...do they bite first then spin?...or do they tend to spin first then bite?...are they still peeling after a few runs?...haven’t run them in a few years and would like to hear from those who use them now. Thanks

now for my repsonse.....

We run Hoosiers and dont have any issues with them. As far as the slippage or grip at the hit, it all depends on the setup. As far as wear, we run ours 10-12 passes and then put a fresh set on.

On a side note, all the Bob Miner powered cars run Goodyears. Maybe Gerry Woz can fill us BAE guys in on why Bob prefers the Goodyears over the Hoosiers.

Gerry Woz's repsonse....

We loved Hoosiers for the longest time, then we ran into the issues I've already stated. We've run all our 50's with Hoosiers and we will have them on for Las Vegas. I believe enough time has past and the performance of other cars running them certainly supports that. ....We only switched to Hoosiers as a last resort actually Frankie..couldn't keep running tires that peeled and blistered after 3-4 runs..not safe and not economical at the time....Running Goodyear's is not a prerequisite of running a Bob Miner combo..it's just a known commodity that works....got to keep advancing that tuneup or get passed up....:D

In reading my comment and Gerry's response to my comment, I dont see where anything mean, derrogatory or uninformed was said. Well apparently I was wrong.

At the recently completed National event in Vegas and the LODRS race the following weekend, it was brought to a fellow crew members attention ( who was working on his Fuel Funny Car, not the TAFC that we both work on )and my car owners attention that I being a crew member, not an owner, driver or crew chief shouldnt make statements in the tech section. The person who brought this to Kevin and Johns attention wasnt even involved in the conversation in the tech section nor is he involved with WOZ racing or Bob Miner Racing. This was a well known crew chief from another team. Nothing was ever said directly to me in regards to this, even when this crew chief was in our pit area over the weekend in Pomona.

Well excuse me but there is no stipulation in the tech session as to who can and cant answer questions. And since when does being just a crew member on a TAFC discount any knowledge I might have on the cars.

As I said before, I am adult and repsonsible for my own words and actions on this website. Not my car owner ( whose team I wont be working for next year ) not a fellow crew member, ME! If folks want to lurk on here and take offense to something I say, repsond on the board, email me, private message me, or come discuss it with me at the track or on the phone. Dont go behind my back so I have to hear it second hand.

As an example that would be like me taking offense to something Gerry Woz says and going to Mark Woz and hammering him about it.

Ok Im done ranting now, thanks for hearing me out folks

2. eli

eli Banned

Or

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain ... :rolleyes: ;)

3. Squirillkiller

Squirillkiller New Member

in the right

I don't blame you for being upset I was a little suprised when I first started out this year and bringing some past exp. with me that it was quickly discounted and I also noticed that a lot of the time because I was part of the crew and no higher up that I'm stupid, I made the mistake only one time of calling some one out in the pits because the way I was being talked to and treated,
    I will never make that mistake again.I really thought about who I really care about there and who it would bother me if they thought that way about me and that would be the crew but they weren't talking to me poorly and some of the other teams that we are close with weren't treating me that eather, so I don't care its hard some times but it only hurts me when I take on other people in the pit area. The only part I will disagree with you on is who catches the crap when I get in troubble and that would be Clint not me I'm out there on his team not my own and the way I act reflects on him so I'm very careful what I say and do at the races, I hope this helps you. Tyler Teal

4. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Tyler,

You bring up some good points. In some repsects I agree with what you are saying. I think it shouldve been handled a bit differently ( my situation ) At least the guy couldve pulled both John and I aside and he couldve brought it all out and we couldve settled it that way. Oh well, life goes on and in reality I dont really care what the guy thinks one way or another. He doesnt mean anything to me and I dont mean anything to him.

Maybe ill run into you at the track next year.

5. Squirillkiller

Squirillkiller New Member

I hope I do see you out there, it sure takes a lot to stay out there every year, and don't take me wrong I don't blame you for sticking up for your self, it gets old some times. good luck T-2

6. Gerry Woz

Gerry Woz Comp Eliminator

Frankie;
    Sorry if my inquiry caused you any strife:( . I appreciate all comments here, from everyone, it's up to me to decide if and what information I'll assimilate, or disregard. Come on over at Pomona and introduce yourself, we've been racing alongside of each other along time but I've only been able to really speak with John a few times while waiting in airports, I'm usually way too consumed in our own car to get around and socialize much.
    One thing I want to clarify on my previous message is that I said .." We only switched to Hoosiers as a last resort". actually I meant Goodyears...I would have never changed from Hoosiers to Goodyears back then if it wasn't for the issues we were experiencing at that time. Now I must say both tires work well but definitely in different ways. I am very pleased with the latest Hoosier tire we are now running, it was very predictable and works perfectly with our car.:D