VMP All-Out Xtreme report for April 2nd

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by vamcaptain, May 14, 2011.

1. vamcaptain

vamcaptain Member

Ok, there are nice days to race and then there are AWESOME (angels singing!) race days and this was certainly one of them!

The day started out with the sun shining over the hills of Virginia as we headed to Virginia Motorsports Park for their new All-Out Extreme Series - http://vmpdrag.com/drag/AllOutXtremeSeries326.aspx. The series includes several classes from 12.00 to 4.10 in an eighth-mile format. I had hoped that the format would be 1/4 mile, but to be honest it hardly seemed to matter with the perfect weather and a great turn-out of cars. There was something for everyone!

4.10 Xtreme Results from Virginia Motorsports Park, Dinwiddie, Virginia

I apologize for not knowing some of the names of the drivers. When I took notes, I didn't realize I would be trying to post results or I would have asked all the drivers names while I was there. If you want to post any corrections to drivers names, please do so and we will try to get it right in the future. In lieu of a drivers name, I have tried to briefly describe the car in the listing below.

There were 4 ProMod/Top Sportsman cars, 9 Alcohol Dragsters/Top Dragsters and 1 Bantam Altered. Power plants were a great mix with Blown Chrysler 426 style Hemi's, Blown SB Chevys, Blown BB Chevys, a Blown Miner Brothers Hemi (Fontana/Arias), a Blown 392 style Donovan Chrysler Hemi and even a Turbo Ford.

After 2 rounds of qualifying the field was set as follows:

1. Mike Balmer 4.12

2. Matt Stambaugh 4.24

3. Drew Davis 4.30

4. Joe Kaiser 4.31

5. Woodward 68 Camaro 4.32

6. White Turbo TD 4.34

7. 53 Vette ProMod 4.37

8. Yellow TD 4.40

I believe there were 14 cars (there were several capable cars making test runs that I don't think ran in the show). The management at VMP elected to run all 14 cars instead of sending 6 cars home with no money and they compromised on the payout. I believe the winner paid $2500 and the runner up $1300. Running all 14 cars was a wise decision on VMP's part. This puts on a better show and keeps the cars coming back. Here are the rest of the cars in qualifying order.

9. Bob Boss White TD 4.41

10. Nitrous Neon 4.54

11. Bruce Mullins 4.61

12. Latchman Hansraj 4.82

13. Daniel Helsley Bantam 5.27

14. Jody Stroud 3.93

After 1st round the lineup looked like this:

Matt Stambaugh with a 4.25 win

Joe Kaiser with a 4.20 win

Latchman Hansraj with a 4.16 win

Jody Stroud with a 4.01 win over a red lighting opponent

White Turbo TD with a 4.70 win

Yellow TD with a 4.52 win

Woodward Blue 68 Camaro with a 4.28 win

After 2nd round the lineup looked like this:

Matt Stambaugh with a 4.21 win

Joe Kaiser with a 4.19 win

Jody Stroud with a 4.02 win

White Turbo TD with a 4.41 win

Semi-Finals:

Matt Stambaugh with a 4.18 win

Joe Kaiser coasted to a win when his opponent red-lighted

Finals:

Matt Stambaugh wins with a 4.28 defeated Joe Kaiser who broke out on a 4.094

It looks like the DC Outlaw cars are taking home the money at VMP! This is Matt Stambaugh's second win in a row at VMP!

For those of you that have an Altered, FED or Roadsters, you might be interested in the MIR "Wild Bunch II" series. The details are here: http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/news/2011/110124-01.htm

2. TAD240

TAD240 New Member

Virginia Motorsports Park (VMP) Dinwiddie, Va 4:10 Extreme Series Results for June 11

Results for Virginia Motorsports Park - 4:10 Extreme Race Held June 11, 2011

It was HOT, 96 Degrees, but NO rain.
    15 Cars showed up, this time there were no ProMod cars at all. Qualifying was run at Noon and 1 pm. Although there were 15 cars, unlike last time, the track management decided to run only an 8 car field. Below are the results that I have available.

Semi-finals:
    Jimmy Pergiene TD Defeated Latchman Hansraj TD
    Mike Balmer TD Defeated an Unknown Yellow BBC TD (Sorry, No name available)

Finals:
    Jimmy Pergiene TD Coasted Through for the win Defeating Mike Balmer TD who Red-Lighted

Jimmy is a member of the DCOutlaws group. This makes 3 races at VMP and all 3 have been won by DCOutlaws cars. Congratulations Jimmy!!!

3. fastavenger 588

fastavenger 588 New Member

vmp

not sure who u are but u must need glasses :eek: because ther was a pro mod and a 10.5 car and a funny car and the rest were dragsters some were blower some were turbo and sume were nitrous i see u must be part of that failing group the DC OUTLAWS :eek: i guess u guys just could not go fast enough because matt was out run and so was that chicken shit joe kaiser and as for jimmy i think he belongs to nhra and ihra not just the dc outlaws so for all that want to know yes it was hot very hot and they ran 8 cars becouse # 1 was a 4.17 to a 4.40 i think the other cars were to slow to make the bump bryan said i think the 15th car went a 25. somthing lot of guys could not get down the track because of the heat so now u all know the truth and buy the way i think most had a ball except the DC OUTLAW GUYS that went out 1 round :eek: and i dont hide behind a screen name my name is mike griffin for all that want to know ;)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  4. Matt Stambaugh

Matt Stambaugh New Member

We had a fine time down at VMP ,I dont get all wraped up when we get out run,Mr. Harris earned it and he owed me one from last race!
    It was hot and there was a nice mix of combos which is great .
    Thanx VMP for running this 4.10 anything goes format ,that is the way to do it .The index evens the field,if you give your race away thats on you. Lets leave the drama at home and race!
    D.C.Outlaw members are killin em down there 3 in a row! Congrats Jimmy Pergine and his stunning Motorin dragster, bitchin car, we did a bunch or world of wheels car shows with him many moons ago. Only two more races and not till the end of the year weather will be good and all cars will haul,looking forward to it.

D.C. Outlaws group will be running at Sumerduck Dragway Sat. July 2, that will be a show ,come on out and say hey. dragsters ,funny cars,altereds,and pro mods will be there!

VIVA-D.C. OUTLAWS!!!!
    Matt Stambaugh
    New Generation Racing

5. motorboy1

motorboy1 New Member

Here's what I have to say on this.

Gil (TAD240)

Thanks for your post on the most recent VMP race, However in all fairness to the racers and Virginia Motorsports Park, please be sure to post factual and accurate information or don't post at all. After all there are 180+ views here, these people could be interested in racing at VMP and should be informed of all the facts and results.
    It was HOT!
    There where 15 cars.
    1 pro mod/top sportsman (Big tire door car)
    1 Outlaw 10.5 tire door car.
    1 funny car.
    the rest were dragsters, 1 turbo, 2 nitrous, the rest blown.
    Yes the track made the decision to run an 8 car field do to the fact that the slowest car was in the 25 second range. Can't have a quality race with a spread of ET's that far off. The 8 car show had Et's ranging from a 4.17 to a 4.37 much better matchups for the fans this way.

Also please correct the Mike Balmer name to: Mike Bauman thanks I would appreciate it! yes I red lighted .004 I'll do better next time! Congrats Jimmy

And now my Dcoutlaw vent...... Jimmy was a member of the 4.10 extreme series this weekend! Since you all insist on promoting the dcoutlaws at the vmp races, I for one am happy to have these guys. I'm glad they are aloud to race at vmp. When I was a dcoutlaw joe (the puppet master) kiaser made a rule that we could't race at other race tracks we wanted to, if we did we would get thrown out. Then made up other rules unknowing at the time to us the racer (we unknowingly broke the Nitro rule) we thought there where no rules??. Then gave us 2 strikes, so we were on our best behavior (as usual).... Until that is Joe the puppet master decided to pair up #1 and #2 in the second round (after all the Dcoutlaws are a show first and a race second.....as joe puts it ) Well any real racer knows that match up can't happen until the finals, turns out the winner that day was a first round loser I had already beat (joe's buddy) Thats NOT how Real racing should be handled!

And If any of that is not fact and true, please correct me!

So to the people reading if your looking for a top notch facility and organization come on out to VMP where the track hooks, the ladders fair, the racings good and the payout is the best around!

6. vamcaptain

vamcaptain Member

Not so fast!

Mike, since you have resorted to using foul language and acting like a 6 year-old on this board I have the pleasurable task of refuting some of your comments and slanders against Joe Kaiser and the DC Outlaws in general.

First of all, no one here is hiding behind a screen name. TAD240 is, has, and always will be Gil Christian. He chose that screen name and uses it just like everyone else uses there's. Should you feel the need to debate Gil on anything Drag Racing related you should know that Gil is simply out of your league. You would embarrass yourself. As for any errors regarding the VMP race, please note he does say that this was information that "he had available" and was not implying that he had everything correctly, just some highlights. Gil may decide to respond on his own, I don't know if he will. At this point I think he feels just disgusted with your constant negativity.

FYI, Matt Stambaugh won the last race. I believe he is a racer to be respected. How are the DC Outlaws failing? No doubt, the economy has hurt all of us individually and collectively. NHRA, IHRA, ADRL, DC Outlaws...everyone hurts some these days. But let's be clear, the DC Outlaws have been around for six years as of 2011. We have a full schedule this season and the VMP races are extra for the group.

Mike, the real reason you are angry at Joe Kaiser is because you think he is the punching bag for all your own mistakes and misjudgments of the past. It is a known fact by many racers and certainly by some of the track owners that wherever you are involved there is a fairly large debris field left behind. It goes as far back as your Junior Dragster days...do I need to elaborate?

You mean sorta like how you went out first round at the previous race? (oops, did I say that out loud?) The entire top half of the field were DC Outlaws cars...maybe YOU need glasses!

I think that this all comes down to respect and credibility. You do not respect the authority of others and because of that you lack credibility. I guess that when I read some of the things you post I wonder to myself "what is Mike doing to promote the sport?" Certainly, dissing the DC Outlaws when we are working to promote these VMP races doesn't give anyone a good impression of you.

Did you know what Joe Kaiser has been doing to promote the sport lately? How about this - On June 4th, a Saturday, Joe and Cowboy (his crew) drove all the way up to Andrews AFB, on the invitation of the base Colonel, to give a lecture on the dangers of street racing. In addition, Royce Miller of MIR provided Joe with boxes of brochures to hand out to the crowd. After the speech, Joe put his car and trailer on display and stayed all day answering questions and encouraging everyone to come to a local race.

That's what I call promotion!

While I'm thinking about this, let's talk about why you were removed from the DC Outlaws...

Joe was in negotiations with 75-80 for a date and payout when you were told specifically to NOT negotiate around Joe...you did anyway and it was a huge mess.

You knowingly ran nitro in your car without telling Joe or anyone else at MIR. Royce Miller found out about it and Joe was held responsible, which is the way it is when you're in charge. Every racer knows that you DON'T run nitro unless the track is carrying the nitro rider in their insurance for that date...you just don't do it!

And then, of course there was the issue of Joe changing the run order at the request of one of the members at the VMP race last year. In retrospect I know Joe regrets the decision but yet it was his to make. Instead of approaching Joe like an adult you came at him, in front of fans and crew, and exploded with a profanity-laced rant that left VMP with concerns about ever letting back in again. You may not know it but you should feel fortunate you were allowed in for the 4.10 races...no joke.

If you or anyone else feels that what I have said here is improper or not true you can leave me a PM with your phone number. I promise not to yell at you...it's not my style.
    OR feel free to go to the DC Outlaw website http://www.dcoutlaws.us/contact-us.html and contact Joe directly.

P.S. - Please have someone proofread your posts and use a spell-checker. Your posts are hard to comprehend and they make my brain swell!

7. vamcaptain

vamcaptain Member

Again...

8. fastavenger 588

fastavenger 588 New Member

vmp

vamcaptain what would u like to say :rolleyes: i dont understand what u were saying

9. vamcaptain

vamcaptain Member

Joe Kaiser speaks

I have been asked by Joe Kaiser to post the following statement:

From Joe Kaiser:

This posting is direct response to Mike Griffin and his drivers (motorboy1) postings. There is so much misinformation out there that the truth has become shaded. While on this site, Mike Griffin has attacked me personally and the DC Outlaws which I am the founder of.

The truth is that Mr. Griffin and his crew have, in fact, been banned from the DC Outlaws because of the debris field he creates, and the damage control I must take in order to repair relationships with tracks and promoters. It has not been a question of IF he will create a problem, it is when. Mike does not promote fair play and sportsmanship. He needs to learn to accept defeat in the same manner in which he accepts victory.

Virginia Motorsports Park may soon realize Mike Griffin is no longer an asset but a liability. Just look at how he represents VMP on this website, cussing, using foul language, degrading tracks and the DC Outlaws.

I would hope that Will Hanna will review Mike's postings and take appropriate action. Any racer, track or promoter that can stop laughing at Mike Griffin's postings and wants details on his tantrums which ejected him from the DC Outlaws, please feel free to call me directly. If I do not answer, please leave a message, I will return your call ASAP.

Respectfully to all racers,

Joe Kaiser
    540-729-0524

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  10. motorboy1

motorboy1 New Member

Nice post Mr. Hamner, Even though your response to Mike griffin doesn't completely apply to me you told me to see it, so now let me clarify a few things I see and my point of view, then I'll be done with this.

I'm just curious what puts someone out of someone else's league? I didn't see his racecar there this weekend? or ever? what is he john force?

It's my belief Mike G does not think Joe is a punching bag, they used to be good buddies. They went and matched raced each other to promote more dcoutlaw races!!! Then their personality's clashed because Mike put pressure on Joe to step up his game, Joe had a hard time stepping up, but couldn't back down either...... It all went down hill from there.

Yes that's true, we did loose, but in Mikes defense it has been the drivers error, after all Mike has had the #1 qualifying racecar every race! (don't worry I'll come around, and we'll be right at the top like we were when we were unfairly thrown out of the DCoutlaws! oops, did I say that?)

And it gets good!

NO NO NO that's wrong info. Mike NEVER negotiated around Joe at 75/80. 75/80 created there heads up race on their own! Joe even came out to support the race (or was it to try to step his game up to Mike) anyway Joe got pissed at 75/80 because in their rules it said you need a tail light for safety reasons. Joe was warned to get one, Joe didn't listen, Joe thought he was a PRO racer and didn't need a tail light! 75/80 threw him out. LOL its a safety thing by all means we know Joe should stand up for safety! tape a flashlight on that thing! Joe got pissed and was done with the place! Then tried to bring the LAW down on us, well because as you put it Joe must be the authority. Authority to tell you where and where not to race your own racecar get out of here!!! That was our unfair strike one!

Joe said DCoutlaws had no rules and "to bring all we got" Joe even commented that he was in Washington, and was gonna maybe pick some nitro up for himself! JOE should have been more clear. (Or was it a trap to give Mike strike 2!!!) How did we know MIR didn't have the rider, Joe didn't inform us. It wasn't in the rules, and well you see how it sounds!

I do like hearing Joe regrets his decision to cheat! He should. I'm happy to know that.
    But again you have missing information! We went to Joe in the nicest was possible BEFORE the race and asked him about the wrong matchup. He agreed that it wasn't right! He said he would change it, we were happy with that, it was the right thing to do on Joe's part. BUT yet again it gets good, Joe talked to his buddy (the member) and decided to do it his buddys way. NOW Joe went against the new CORRECT pairing and changed it BACK to the WRONG #1 and #2 Matchup. What the heck is that? How is a crew/team supposed to plede there CORRECT case when the authority(joe) has already given us two unfair strikes!!!? You can bet someone being unfairly treated in drag racing is going to get upset over it! Even I was PISSED and I'm a level headed guy that doesn't get mad, everyone that knows me knows this.... By the way VMP noticed Joe's obvious mistake and understood our anger and were just a baffled as to the pairings?
    AND HAHAHAHAHA Not allowing Mike in the 4.10 races? That IS A JOKE and you have no idea how funny that is, and how little of a clue you have, just saying.

I posted it hear for everyone to see and for all to come to there own conclusions! I also am not a yeller, and I'd like to meet you guys, Mike Hamner and Gil. Just say hey, I don't yell or bite and am a nice kid, come say hey at the next race.

Now that the truth is out there, lets move on. I could care less about the past lets move on to bigger and better things! So in closing I'd just like to see the DCoutlaws and the 4.10 races be discussed as separate entities, after all they are not affiliated with each other in anyway! I look forward to seeing a new thread for the results of the next Dcoutlaw race coming up. I'm sure it will be completely factual and un bias! Promote away your Dc outlaw races, and promote the VMP races as just that, good heads up 4.10 racing with all the drivers and cars. Or don't promote the VMP races and let someone unaffiliated with your group do the posting! (or are you also just trying to stir the pot)

Good luck.

See ya at the track.

Michael Bauman

11. motorboy1

motorboy1 New Member

See my post then talk about fair play! Joe himself is no angle! I'm only 26 and I think you kids need to grow up!