Vent Tubes to Puke Tank

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Mike Canter, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

IHRA say "Vent Tubes: All tubing material must be flame resistant and be IHRA accepted prior to use"

I believe ther are talking about the vent tubes to the puke tank.

So as far as I can tell this eliminates the clear plastic tubes from Home Depot. Does anyone have a recommendation on what flame resistant tubes to use?

2. Is that a new rule for 2005?? Weve been using heavy duty radiator hose from gates.

3. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Ye, it is on the IHRA website as a new rule

4. Maynard

Maynard none

And speaking of vent tubes, is there a reason I never see people applying vacuum to the crankcase though these? It seems like it would go a long way towards ring control, dilution of the oil and new incoming charges of fuel and air, pressures on pan gaskets, and blah, blah, blah, blah.

Just wonderin

5. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Some racers with blowers do use vacuum pumps attached the motor. I know that Moroso make one just for blower application. You still need the hoses to the puke tank but you put one way check valves in them so you can make vacuum and if you blow a piston the check valve opens to let the oil blow into the puke tank

6. Maynard

Maynard none

I see. Thank you

7. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

well, if you ask me this sounds like another MIKE BAKER SCREW UP. anyone who has had any dealings with this guy knows what i'm talking about.he is the infamous national tech director for IHRA.its probably a misprint, or another one of his patented "brainfart rules".

8. Danny Humphreys

I use marine hose rated for gas fill lines, it has a wire running thru it and works great Tim McAmis uses this on his pro-mod cars and it works great. here's a link to where i get it for cheap. LINK

9. Danny Humphreys

Forgot to mention, I also run a vacuum pump on my screwed big chevy and it makes a big difference on keeping the oil undiluted and leaks are non-existent. Don't know if it helps power, but i change the oil after 6 passes it looks just like it did when it went in, and i can drain the puke tank after each pass and about 1/2 gallon of raw fuel comes out. it literally sucks the fuel right out of the oil.

10. mike tkach

mike tkach New Member

danny,do you oil with a wet or dry sump.

11. Danny Humphreys